Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Buying good health insurance as a non Thai citizen....

I plan on retiring in 3 years however I'll be more than several years away from the age of 65 that qualifies me for Medicare. My question is, can a person living half the year in Thailand and the other in another country buy full health coverage in Thailand? I'm in States, I'd be looking at 6,500 USD per year for a US policy. I was told I could buy in Thailand for 2,000. I understand the logistics of having to fly cross 17 hours to have a procedure done if I happen to be in the States and get sick or not being able to fly because I was in a serious auto accident etc.. I'd just like to know if I could buy and would my policy be honored......

50 minutes ago, Al_Davis said:

I plan on retiring in 3 years however I'll be more than several years away from the age of 65 that qualifies me for Medicare. My question is, can a person living half the year in Thailand and the other in another country buy full health coverage in Thailand? I'm in States, I'd be looking at 6,500 USD per year for a US policy. I was told I could buy in Thailand for 2,000. I understand the logistics of having to fly cross 17 hours to have a procedure done if I happen to be in the States and get sick or not being able to fly because I was in a serious auto accident etc.. I'd just like to know if I could buy and would my policy be honored......

This post explains the travel restrictions for the expat health insurance policy I have.

• Upvote 2