Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

1 suggestion, 2 questions, 2 problems

Suggestion:   8)

Get rid of the stay logged in check box.

Question:   ???

Are threads going to go away after a certain period of inactivity?

Is there a way to sort the threads and response in inverse chronological order?

Problem:  >:o

The message preview only lasts about 2 seconds. Maybe just my system.

No matter where my cursor is, the smileys always ge inserted at the end of the message.

When a thread has a new post it will rise to the top of the board.  If no one posts it will gradually sink to the bottom.  :)

I can change the responses to reverse chronological order but I'm not sure tht's a good idea - open to suggestions on that one ???

My smilies go where the cursor is  8) not sure why it's different for you Ken.  Are you using a Mac  :-[

Sugarloafer

I am curious why you want to get rid of the "stay logged in" facility?

I think it is great because it saves logging in everytime.

Like I say, just curious.

PSP :)

Paul,

Take this instance:  If you stay logged in and a buddy logs in, he assumes you're in becuz he looked at the bottom of the screen and sees you're here.  He sends you an instant message but you never reply.  Now he's pissed at you for ignoring him when in actuality, you turned off your computer and went to sleep.   ::)

Hi Chris

That makes total sense.

Pete, when are you going to get rid of this stupid facility where idiots like myself can stay logged in???    ;D ;D ;D

PSP:)

but I don't think it works that way.  When you are off the board you do not show up as logged in, however when you come back you are automatically logged in.

My concern about this is internet cafe's and I do want to disable the feature.  Just not sure how to do it at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
but I don't think it works that way.  When you are off the board you do not show up as logged in, however when you come back you are automatically logged in.

My concern about this is internet cafe's and I do want to disable the feature.  Just not sure how to do it at the moment.

I can see your concern at internet cafes.  But unless you're a real end user, you already know to logoff on every site you visit (mail, boards, etc) and clear out the browsers memory/cache and delete your history files.  At least I do that religiously.  While it's not 100% foolproof, it prevents the simple and most likely fuck up of the next guy on the machine getting into stuff under my name.

Maybe a reminder note or pop-up?

Just a delerious thought at 0400.

Sleep deprived,

Harv