Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Dialup Access From Pattaya Hotels

Hello all. I am looking for a new hotel that allows dialup access. I previously liked to stay at Koenig which had a good phone system for dialup but its changed now and cuts off after 10 minutes. Residence Garden is an alternative but I was hoping for something in Pattaya proper and not quite as expensive as RG. The Eastiny places allow it but charges outrageous phone rates. So if anyone here has any suggestions I would like to hear them.

Hello all. I am looking for a new hotel that allows dialup access. I previously liked to stay at Koenig which had a good phone system for dialup but its changed now and cuts off after 10 minutes. Residence Garden is an alternative but I was hoping for something in Pattaya proper and not quite as expensive as RG. The Eastiny places allow it but charges outrageous phone rates. So if anyone here has any suggestions I would like to hear them.

i used dialup in the pinewood and at sunshine vista in the past (last year) - i had local access numbers so the cost was the usual cost of 3 Baht per call back then - no matter for how long. Might have changed now, i think they don't like the idea of occupying their lines for a long time for the local area call charge. I never did it since becuase there are so many net cafes available if i need access - i just use my own laptop at one so i can connect to the Company VPN. One that I have an arrangement with is the 24 hours explorer net cafe on beach road. I have no idea about their regular policy on laptops but I bring mine if I really need access but I try to avoid it when on holliday.

but i am not sure if these infos help as teh prices of both, pinewood and sunshine vista are in the same range as RG. Sunshine Hotel on Soi 8 used to be good for that too but you would have to confirm that as well. They also have a reasonable priced and fast internet cafe where you can use your laptop if you ask them friendly

cheers

cyber

My experiences with Hotels in Pattaya and dialup:

Sunshine; cuts off after 10 or 15 Minutes.

Sabai Inn: Cuts off after 20 Minutes.

Residence Garden: No problems.

I agree with Cyber that connecting the Laptop at Internet Cafes is usually no problem, but I still prefer my room for internet.

Sunny

The Sandy Spring Hotel on Soi 13 can hook you up just ask at the front desk when you check in and they will set you up with an account. The Hotel is 990 baht per Night and extremely handy to all the action.

Bigmike.

Sandy Spring Hotel

Hello Rob,

Just backing up what what Big Mike said. I was in the Sandy Springs just over a week ago. I got a 30 hour Loxinfo package for around 350 baht from the front desk. It came with all instructions on how to set it up. Dont forget to put in the 9, to get an outside line. They charged 8 baht per call but there was no time limits. I had a few dropouts but it was not too bad. The package is good for 12 months.

I would take a 4-5 metre phone cable as the phone outlet is on the opposite side of the room to the rooms desk.

The hotel rooms are good and the location is hard to beat.

1134DCP_1465_e_60.jpg

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Bazza

And here is my setup right now at Siam Bayshore.

P1010014.JPG

meaning what? that Siam Bayshore offers WLAN, i don't think so :chogdee No kidding, do they charge the usual local call charge for dial ups there and do they allow you to stay logged on as long as you want or do they disconect like so many other hotels?

cheers

cyber

But magnus It's not a cheap hotel at 2000+ Baht per night + joiner fee tho the position is not bad as far as Walking st goes. cybers your pretty right in what you say.

Bigmike.

Thanks guys. Looks like I will give Sandy Springs a try. I hope 1222 works because you can get a much cheaper unlimited package than loxinfo hourly packages. Its a shame that they changed the phones at Koenig Mansion because that is a great hotel at 600 baht per night.

Thanks guys. Looks like I will give Sandy Springs a try. I hope 1222 works because you can get a much cheaper unlimited package than loxinfo hourly packages. Its a shame that they changed the phones at Koenig Mansion because that is a great hotel at 600 baht per night.

Mate.

I visited the Koenig and had a few drinks last year as I was considering that Hotel but I found it rather as you might say distant if you were not German.

Bigmike.

The owner, while German, is an extremely friendly guy and makes everyone feel very welcome. The hotel is a five minute walk from second road but it does have a nice beer bar with some attractive girls on site. I will miss staying there because I think the rooms are the best you will find for 600 a night in Pattaya.