Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Are there any tobaco shop in Pattaya where you can get good Cigars?

If so are the prices reasonable or ridiculous?

Make sure they are kept in a good Humidor, most cigar shops in Bangkok spoi them by not keeping them in a humidor, i have friends bring them from europe rather then buy them here (the good stuff is expensive as hell in thailand too)

cheers

cyber

The Amor restaurant in betwen Pattayaland 2 and 3 have a fine selection of cigars, and they are stored correctly.

The food is excellent too, if not the location at the entrance to Boystown.

Hi,

Don't know what you mean by a good cigar. When in Pattaya I smoke King Edward Imperial which are about £13, for 5, in the U.K. and 220B in Pattaya, and the exchange rate last week for U.K. stirling T.C.s was 75.54B.

Cheers Doug.

PS. Just got back from Pattaya this week, spent 8 weeks in Patt. and went to the Phillipines for 1 week, when i get my head in order will make a trip report.

• 2 weeks later...

A new cigar 'divan' just opened on the ground floor of the Marriott Hotel-attached to the Royal Garden Mall.

Evidently they have a humidor, bar, etc.

I saw a flyer for it at the Sandy Spring Hotel but didn't have a chance to check-it out.

Not having been to the Marriott Cigar Shoppe in Pattaya I can't affirm the origin of the stoggies. I do know that the concept is run from the J.W. in Bangkok where I have purchased many many Cuban cigars. Neary a one has been bad. Properly kept and authenic. I have made a number of trips to Cuba and purchanse many habanos outside of that island and can tell the real product. There are many many fake cuban cigars and for that matter fake Cuban rum in Thailand but the Rum and Cigars at the Marriott in Bangkok is true Cuban. The Thai copy of Havana Club is above average rum but the bottle, label and even the cap are of poor quality. If you've ever sipped 8 year old Havana Club :D you know that above average rum is window cleaner, pure rubbish. I will be very happy to enjoy the Humidor at the Marriott in Pattaya, in a number of weeks. A post to my review will appear during that time.

If you are going to be in BKK I would also recommend the Cigar Shop in the Grand Hyatt. Of course both the J.W. and Grand Hyatt are easy access from the Sky Train. I'll make sure to post a follow up next month when I'm at the Marriott in Pattaya as to that new shop! Sure hope they are going to have some Cuban Rum. :rolleyes: :beer