Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

flipper lodge, flipper house and eastiny place

Hi,

I'll be in Pattaya in September and have been looking around for a hotel, I kinda like the idea of being right in the action so I've narrowed it down to the flipper lodge, flipper house and eastiny place.... anyone have any coments or recomendations on these three? are they really that noisy ?

Oh, and does anyone know what prices I would be looking at in September?

Sorry, nearly forgot... how much does a cab cost from bkk airport to pattaya and can I book it before hand?

Thanks

AJ

Flipper House - September 2004

- A standard room in the new wing 770.-

- A mini suite room in the new wing 1,050.-

Flipper Lodge the same prices, but mini suite not available.

Both hotels are ok

All three are good and I think I would rate them Eastiny first, then Flipper House and then Lodge. But as I said, I like all three and currently I just choose depending on whose bar I want to avoid.

In September, you still should be able to do 770 or 660 for the Flippers and 800 for Eastiny. Maybe a bit less for Eastiny if you stay longer but those are the present walk in one night prices. At the Flipper house and lodge, the higher price is the new wing while the lower is the old. I usually stay in the old wings because the rooms are larger but you have to be sure that you are getting a double or queen sized bed. They have some rooms with 2 beds.

Cheers

I would rate them in the same order as the irishman. The noise factor in this area is only a problem if you want to get to sleep before 2 AM. In this same area you also have the Sunshine, Bella Vista and Eastiny Inn with the Bella Vista the cheapest at 600 including 1 breakfast. You can prearrange an airport pickup for 1000. There is a thread in the general discussion about Pattaya regardingthisquestion.

Emil

Flipper House - September 2004

- A standard room in the new wing 770.-

- A mini suite room in the new wing 1,050.-

Flipper Lodge the same prices, but mini suite not available.

According to their web page the suite is available in both hotels and cost 1050 (discounted 30% from 1500) in flipper lodge and 1200 (discounted 20% from 1500) in flipper house.

Anybody stayed in the suite already? Any pics available?

Also, did anybody stay in any suite in Eastiny Inn? What are low season prices? Any pic available as well?

Am interested in booking a suite in October.

Thanks.

According to their web page the suite is available in both hotels and cost 1050 (discounted 30% from 1500) in flipper lodge and 1200 (discounted 20% from 1500) in flipper house.

I think that discount is pretty much standard, if you ride the bus down from Bangkok your receipt for the ride says show it to the hotel and get a 30% discount for low season and 20 % for high.

Emil

FunIsAll ---> I mean in Flipper Lodge all suites are alredy fully booked ( early September) :livid

Yes, on Flipper House website discount = 20% , but if you ask, you easy get 30% discount.

2 September I'll be there !!!!

No you can't book a cab in advance. You can book a private car in advance. If you book a car do it about two weeks in advance and then the night before you leave email the service to remind then your on your way. Check the meeting and cost sharing section for a variety of car and driver services available.

I use Alex and have been pleased with his service. Other guys have not been pleased. Remember this is Thailand and your mileage will vary with these services.

Thanks, Hub, overlooked this one, shame on me :D

Roko, you are right. Also in October all suites in Flipper are booked out. They could only offer standard rooms to me.

Eastiny offered one suite at the Place, but I do not like this very much, would have prefered the Inn.

Considered RG but to far away from the places I normally visit, so I decided to stay at the Sabai Lodge.

I stayed at Eastiny Place in April, the rate I paid was 750 but that was for 9 days I think? I left then to go to Buriram to meet up with the other half but when we came back from there we went back to the Eastiny to check in for another two nights and they charged us 850 this time because they classed it as a new stay and not connected to the 9 days I stayed there perivously, even though I booked 5 of my mates there I couldn't get them to give it to me for the same price! it wasn't the extra 200 I had to pay for the extra two nights that bothered me it was the principle of the matter!

Having said the above, my stay there was a good one and would honestly say that I will be staying there again in the future!

Having not stayed at both of the Flippers I cannot comment much but I have heard good things about them being on par with Eastiny, its just a matter of choice! one good thing about Eastiny place is its location at the top end of soi 7 which IMHO is the better end because if you were to bar fine any of the girls in a bar at the bottom of the soi (beachfront end) from the night before or something, when walking to the hotel with another lady it can be quiet an experiance so I tend to use the second road or is the the central road?

Hope this helps!

Jai yen yen!

Stiffler.

• 2 weeks later...

Myself was considering the ldge as a retrn cust, though the pool is currently

being rennovated and is a must for me.

Can maybe try the flppr hse , Ive not stayed there though sounds to be comparable if not to mind the area.

Will as well be there in Sep, on my way as I speak.

chok dee!

pttyabri