Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Boeing 747 200's fairly old equipment. Had a friend on one BKK-LGW-BKK for Bt21,000 in September and he thought OK. Stops off in the middle east on the way to London to do something...pick up fuel maybe ?????

I guess that they are worth the really cheap fares they sometimes quote but they are not going to be worth the same as the big boys with in seat entertainment, mileage points etc.

Came with them other day for second time, much better than first .Was 747 300 but suspect may be matter of luck which type you get.

Make stop on way back ,short dont get off ,to pick up fuel someone tell me can save 1/5.

I live because Gatwick suit me ,299pound great value.

Came back to the UK with these a couple of days ago. I was on a 747 300, the plane was 3/4 empty and I had 3 seats to myself. Business class, who needs it??

Great service from friendly staff,but we did refuel in Sharjah for 2 hours and we wern't allowed off the plane.

Cost was 13'400 baht via Massic travel on 2nd road.

VERY highly recommended.

• 3 weeks later...
patk100 Posted on Dec 11 2004, 05:56 PM

Anyone know who the uk agents are 

Airline Business Limited

Highbridge House, Bath Rd. Longford,

Middlesex UB7 OEH,

United Kingdom

TEL : +44 0 870 774 5457

FAX : +44 0 870 774 5459

E-mail : phuket.air@airlinebusiness.co.uk

Airline Business Limited

Highbridge House, Bath Rd. Longford,

Middlesex UB7 OEH,

United Kingdom

TEL : +44 0 870 774 5457

FAX : +44 0 870 774 5459

E-mail : phuket.air@airlinebusiness.co.uk

I would avoid doing any business with Airline Business Limited - at least until they actually have a licence to sell flights ........... they were only listed as applicants as at last week.

From the CAA website:

An ATOL application does not give any protection to customers – they will have protection under the ATOL scheme only when an ATOL is granted. Always call the CAA on 020 7453 6361 if you have a query.

• 4 weeks later...
:D i just booked upwith phuket airlines to fly to bangkok on 29th jan 2005 which cost me 577 from flight centre never tryed this airline before will let you all know on my return what i think
:lol: i just booked upwith phuket airlines to fly to bangkok on 29th jan 2005 which cost me 577 from flight centre never tryed this airline before will let you all know on my return what i think

Ouch That must hurt

Just booked Phuket Air for £339 all in .

When chattin with my travel agent i asked what time does the plane leave Bkk for the flight home to blighty " when its ready " they replied :nod

Regards

Matty

• 2 weeks later...

An offering or two about Phuket Airlines from Skytrax. :o

11 January 2005

Phuket Airlines - by Jane Duncan

17 January 2005

17/12/04-07/01/05 LGW-BKK. Our 3rd flight with Phuket Airlines and never again - the planes are a disgrace, faulty seats, lights etc - the food is awful, the toilets backed up (I'll leave that to your imagination). The first and second flights with them weren't too ba,d because the planes were only a third full - so plenty of room and slept all the way. Got decent service when awake, but the third flight, with being peak season was fully booked, and a nightmare - it is practically impossible to get a drink even though the staff are really friendly, as they are so busy. The fuel stop is a nightmare and the flights shouldn't really be sold as direct because they're not. Check in at Gatwick is okay, but at Bangkok allow 2 hours at peak season - very disorganised which leaves no time to go to duty free. A friend of ours was on Bangkok to Gatwick 14/01/05 and 5 minutes out of Bangkok they had to return and do an emergency landing - the engine was on fire. Apparently this also happened 3 weeks before christmas. I'd rather pay more and feel safe and be able to get good service.

Phuket Airlines - by Christos Ioannou

13 January 2005

BKK-LGW Business Class - just got back this morning from this flight. The 747-300 really is showing its age, however they have done a great job refurbishing the upper deck. The seat pitch at 58-60 inches is the most generous I have experienced in business class, and with only 7 rows it feels very spacious. There are no seat motors so it's all manually operated, but the seats are extremely comfortable, and the recline is excellent. Unfortunately the same cannot be said of the standard of catering. I have travelled on eleven different airlines' long haul business class, and the dinner served on this flight was the worst I have ever experienced in business class - by a very long way. In fact I have had much better meals in other airlines' economy class. Also only one white and one red wine was offered, both very mediocre, and no after dinner drinks. The breakfast served on the second leg was of a much higher standard though. There was a choice of 6 movies, but no menu, so that I had to ask one of the crew to write them down! The stop in Sharjah to refuel was a real pain as it made the whole flight last 15 hours. So great seats and polite service, but very poor food and wine. On the way out there was a 17 hour delay due to technical problems. They knew about this the day before but didn't bother to phone any passengers to let them know! We got transferred to the Thai Airlines flight from Heathrow, which had great food and service, but the worst seats. I have experienced in business class!

Phuket Airlines - by Martin Fenwick

12 January 2005

They are cheap and they are cheap for a reason! - 2 stories of incompetence - First my brother took the LGW to BKK economy return in May 2004. Outbound no problem. Return flight they dumped all the passengers in the middle of the desert (Dubai) and abandoned the flight, due to supposed technical failure but later we discovered they had missed their landing slot at Gatwick. Absolute chaos at Dubai airport and the one lady Phuket airline staff deserted her post and left 300+ passengers stranded. All the Phuket Airlines officials did a runner! No explanations given! After 5 hours of irate passengers spitting nails – an Emirates official grasped the nettle and re- scheduled everybody back to Heathrow or Gatwick on Emirates flights. My brother was delayed around 8 hours. Story no. 2, - thinking maybe my brother had a “one off experience†I flew out same route economy class £456, LGW to BKK in August. Outbound no problem, decent flight with average service. Return flight I re-confirmed my flight 72 hours prior with booking reference. Reached BKK airport 3 hours before departure and 3 queues were about 50 metres long already! - and hardly moving. It took an amazing 3 and half hours to eventually reach the desk as the staff were spending 80% of their time on walkie talkies. By the time I reached the desk I was told by the check in girl that the flight was overbooked and I couldn’t fly that day! – Charming! It’s now 2.30 am, I am dog tired and no Phuket flights for 3 days! – They transferred about 8 of us to a nice hotel and put us on standby for BA/Quantas. Yes, “standby†at peak holiday season! – no guarantee of getting home for 3 days ... lucky B.A. had a seat the next night, back to Heathrow (not LGW) making my home train ticket invalid to Sheffield. I complained by email to Phuket Airlines (their website is useless). It appears that standby passengers were let onto our flight, whilst valid ticket holders like myself were denied access. No reply by email, but did eventually receive a letter reply 3 months later. A long convoluted generalised statement about overbooking problems and didn’t address the real issues. If you want to save money and take a risk, go ahead and book - but for me Phuket Airlines, nay more!

Phuket Airlines - by Dermot Coy

11 January 2005

Just back from Bangkok. Direct flight over was good with good food. Stopover on the way back to London was a real pain! Old jumbo which was quite noisy and made it hard to sleep. Poor choice of movies/tv programmes shown. Passengers had no control over their personal lights on the way back which was quite strange, so unable to read in the dark.

Just back from Bangkok. Direct flight over was good with good food. Stopover on the way back to London was a real pain! Old jumbo which was quite noisy and made it hard to sleep. Poor choice of movies/tv programmes shown. Passengers had no control over their personal lights on the way back which was quite strange, so unable to read in the dark.

Number5

Phuket Airlines - by Geoff Dale

9 January 2005

LGW-BKK. Old Thai Airways 747, but service and food excellent. Had emergency exit seat but so few people on flight 3 seats were possible for lots of people to stretch out. BKK-LGW Old jumbo, emergency exit seat again but only 120 passengers!! I have never seen so many people sleeping! They can't keep going with this loading. Again staff and food excellent. Fuel stop in Dubai though. Paid £313 all in. Will travel again and hope for same luck.

Phuket Airlines - by Peter Birch

3 December 2004

LGW-BKK return - Club Class. Pleased with the service. Aircraft are ex-KLM ,but everything was working, attendants first class and the food good. Had to make a fuel stop on the outbound flight. Old aircraft and fuel stop has to be set against low cost. Its your decision, but I will use again.

Phuket Airlines - by Jake Joseph

25 October 2004

London-Bangkok vv Business Class. Check in was great with no queue when we checked in for our flight 90 mins prior to departure. As a small airline they use the Aviance Lounge at Gatwick which although fine was being used by some grotty Easyjet passengers who had obviously paid to access the lounge. On the flight out the 747 300 business class seats left a lot to be desired with very little recline. However, the cabin crew made up for this with an exemplary service. Food was superb, and again made even better by the wonderful cabin crew. On the return, the business class cabin was a newly refurbished one with the best seats I have ever experienced in c class. Although cradle rather than lie flat I had the best nights sleep of the whole holiday. All in all, as they are upgrade their cabin interiors I think Phuket Air are fabulous and would fly with them again.

Phuket Airlines - by Irene Murphy

21 October 2004

LGW-BKK-HKT return. As you can see we had two internal flights - to Phuket and back. Firstly I must agree with all other comments, food good, quick check in, offered exit seats with legroom, staff friendly, but not very professional. Thai greeting, towels ok toilets very clean , and not very good in flight entertainment. Then it comes to the 8 hour delay at Bangkok( after a 12 hour flight) on our domestic flight to phuket. We roamed the airport aimlessly for 8 hours - not good. we were promised a transfer to Thai Airways, which was not going to happen as the plane was full - bad news. Then they kept our cases at the desk and said they would be checked in for us ( along with seven other passengers cases) but when we got to Phuket we had no cases ( the other seven did) We waited until the next afternoon before they arrived at our hotel - which really meant we lost a whole day of doing nothing. It gets worse. We had to rearrange our Pick Ups at the airport. Then all this happened on the return flight from Phuket to Bankgkok. 4 hours delay. Also the food was cold on both domestic flights. The flight to LGW via Dubai was long and hot - we didn't just refuel - but off and onloaded cargo which took nearly two hours I'm sure. I timed the return flight - 15 hours 1am to 4pm. I would never use them for domestic flight ever again, and only if I couldn't get another flight would I use them for international flight. Would not recommend.

Phuket Airlines - by Steven Mathers

1 October 2004

I just completed an LGHW-BKK-LGW roundtrip on Phuket air and my feelings are mixed for sure - checkin was swift and I was immediately offered and exit seat - empty flight out so I actually had that exit row to myself - food delicious but quantities somewhat meagre and left me ravenous in midflight - I must echo the others by saying that the aircraft are not the most comfy and are really showing their age - the IFE is a mess. Staff not to be faulted. The check in agent at BKK lied to me for some reason, telling me that I would certainly have 3 seats to myself as the flight was half empty [it was about 95% full in reality!] - the stop in Dubai makes the flight home almost intolerable as we cannot get off [that is at least 15 or 16 hours in that thing!]

Phuket Airlines - by Gareth Duhig

12 September 2004

Gatwick - Bangkok return.Check in & boarding at Gatwick was a breeze no one waiting for either. On entering the 747-300 & all the way to the rear each cabin crew member gives the traditional Thai greeting. A bit late leaving due to a few missing passengers, these prehistoric aircraft are not comfortable when stationary. There is no individual air con & no air moves around the cabin until the aircraft is in flight. Quite a few of the pax were fanning themselves with the inflight leaflet. Hot cloth towels were offered but were strangely dry. Drinks/peanuts & dinner of green chicken curry or salmon fillet with rice - a chickpea salad & strawberry tart. Plenty of offers of wine & tea/coffee. Flight both ways were not full so had a 3 seat row going & the last econ middle row on return. Legroom varies on the way I had about 32" pitch. Entertainment is via overhead screens. Drinks available throughout the flight & all service calls answered straight away. The crew, very friendly taking time to talk to pax & to answer any questions. Coming back check in at BKK a nightmare 4 desks open 60% full flight but still took over an hour. Took off straight into a very bad thunderstorm. The plane rattled, rolled, dipped, upped & went all over the place for about an hour. The crew sitting either side of me looked very nervous! Once everything was stable, the same good service. Slept most of the way back. The plane refuels in DXB but no major hassles - front & rear door open so air moves through cabin, no problem if pax wish to stand by doors, again crew happy to chat one was even helping a pax with stretching exercises. More drinks & sandwiches after takeoff & breakfast before landing at LGW. Luggage took usual time for to come through. Not a bad airline - staff great but some of their inexperience shows & they need to upgrade the aircraft.

Phuket Airlines - by R Taylor

30 August 2004

Flew London to Bangkok return , arriving back on 28 August. The plus point was the courtesy of their cabin staff, very polite and helpful. There were three major minus points. Old planes, lights not working so you coudn't read, small TV screens shared by many passengers. Refuelling at Dubai on the way back. Never mentioned when I booked. The flight back took a total of over 13 hours. When I reconfirmed, more than 72 hours of departure, I was told the flight was full. They sorted it out after an hour and I was OK but not what you need. I won't be using them again.

Phuket Airlines - by Chris Clarke

5 August 2004

I recently flew Air Phuket from Gatwick to Bangkok and return. I found the staff to be very efficient and helpful. However the planes they are using (old planes from KLM) are well past their sell by date. The noise was terrible and half of the planes audio system's didn't work so it was a long flight without any films etc. The drinks service left a lot to be desired - one drink after take off and one drink with your meal was the only alcohol allowed. On the return flight we had to stop at Dubai for refuelling - had to stop on the plane for over an hour in a great deal of heat. I for one (and a lot of other passengers) will not be using them again.

Phuket Airlines - by Graeme Mounsey

4 June 2004

My wife is Thai and her home town is near Buriram in NE Thailand we have to fly Bangkok-Buriram when we go there. Phuket Air recently took over the route from Air Andaman. We were very impressed for a small airline much better than Air Andaman Very smart cabin crew - good service. Served a small snack which was quite tasty for only a 45 minute flight. They have recently started flying Bangkok to London Gatwick so would be interested to find out what they are like long haul.