Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

ANY TOURAMENTS FEB 9 - MAR 2

Hello, my third time going to pattaya and as yet ive always promised to play golf but as yet i havent hit a little white ball in anger. How easy is it to hire clubs etc, do i need my handicap certificate etc or will my gui card by suffice.?

Sorry but as caption says this is for newbies, for information purposes i am a bad 12 handicapper.

Biggerry

Gerry:

You won't need your certificate, but could bring a copy. I never was asked and have played in tournments with different bars. I play off a 13 (12.8) usually just bring a copy of my score list and handicap calculation from Yahoo golf handicap tracker.

If you do search for club rental on this board you should come up with some good info. Many courses have rentals,

http://www.thaigolfer.com/search/search.ph...ice=0&B1=Submit

but cheaper to get from places like Haven Hotel, Cafe Kronburg, or Sugar Shack (150-200 baht/day versus 400-600 baht a day).

There will be plenty of tournamants during your stay, just get the weekly Pattaya Mail and look in the back for the schedule/course/bar. Or check:

http://www.thehaven-hotel.com/thismonthschedule.htm

http://www.pattayasports.org/golf/Golf%20Home.htm

I personally go for Lewinskis on Soi Pattayaland 1 as nice bunch of guys and not too early to get up, but YMMV.

Hit em well,

Hub

Hi Biggerry,

There will be 3 tournamants during your stay

1, Classroom Classic

2, PSC Monthly

3, four (4) day tournamant at Lewinskis at the end of Feb

You should join the Pattaya Sports Club around 300 bht per year + 400 bht 1 off joining fee (might be the wrong way round) you will save at least that much if you play 2 times.

I like the Sugar Shack (each to their own :rolleyes: ) who play Mon, wed & Fri and is opp Lewinskis.

I play evey day Monday to Friday and this year will be there from Feb 02 until Feb 28 If you want to join us at the shack ask for Moby :nod you will be more than welcome to join our 3 ball ( we are not as good as you )

It would be helpful to have your certificate but it's LOS :nod

Happy golfing

Be Nice

Moby69

CHEERS HUB AND MOBY

Thanks for your advice and yes moby ill definitely take you up on that game, counting the days till i have some sunshine. Here in Ireland its soo miserable the fact that ive been to pattaya before i therefore know what im currently missing.

Roll on the next couple of weeks.

BIGGERRY

Gerry

I will be in town from the 12th Feb until the 5 March, myself and few other guys play out of my mate's bar on soi 8.

We only leave about 11am which is good and play a different course each time you are welcome to join us mate.

pm if you need any advice on the golf.