Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Can someone recomend a good place to rent a motorcyles like a honda shadow or kawasaki v twin? By good I mean fair price and good service. I'll be renting long term. :D 2guns 2guns 2guns 2guns

There is a place on beach road near 7-11 called Pattaya Seat. I have rented from them many times with little problem. He once rented me a Honda 1100 that broke down on me in Sattahip, I called him and he sent a baht bus to pick me up and take the bike back.

BE VERY CAREFUL riding in Thailand.

How were his prices? In other words what did it cost for what you rented? I have ridden motorbikes for 3 or 4 years in Thailand and Harleys and Indians here in the states for many years. I currently own a Indian. I have never ridden a motorcycle in Thailand. Just thought that I would try it. :3some :chogdee

I can't remember the prices to well, think it was about B15000 for a month. They asked for a small deposit and copy of my passport.

I have been riding in the states for 35+ years and 4 years in Thailand. Thailand is just flat dangerous for motorcycles. I would only use my rental (Honda 1100)outside the city and never at night whee drinking.

I can't remember the prices to well, think it was about B15000 for a month. They asked for a small deposit and copy of my passport.

I have been riding in the states for 35+ years and 4 years in Thailand. Thailand is just flat dangerous for motorcycles. I would only use my rental (Honda 1100)outside the city and never at night whee drinking.

Just remember chaps, there is no Insurance and as you are the Farang, it will be your fault should any accident occur, if you do not have a Thai driving license most Thai insurances may well be invalid anyway, but usually the rental guys don't have any to start with.

If you smash up a bike, you pay for it, or you go to Jail. :crying

Be very careful when driving motorbikes in Thailand. Over the christmas period me and my missus(who is thai) decided to have a night off the drink and stay in and watch a movie. After the movie had finished she suggested going for a bike ride, and I agreed.

So anyway I was looking for a bar in soi bukaow so I drove my motorbike up into the bar complex like the complex where bar 10 and the other bars are. Anyway I drove to the top of the complex and did'nt seen the bar I was looking for so I turned round. As I was turning round this big 4x4 Jeep past me and pulled infront of me and waited at the junction to pull away so I pulled behind it about 8 feet away and started chatting to the missus whn all of a sudden the daft twat in the 4x4 slammed it into reverse and smash straight into my brand new rental bike (New Honda Novo). well it knocked me off the bike and the wife. I was fuming :nod . So I picked the missus up and went and grab open the drivers door and this absolutely hammered scouse bloke practically fell out of his seat he was that pissed. He said to me where is the person I have just hit, I said it was u prick. He looked at me up and down and tried to get back in the car so I grabbed him and dragged him out of the car, by this time there was a huge crowd around myself with all the Thai girls coming to see if my wife was ok and aload of dutch blokes came to see if I was ok (No idea who there were).

So his pissed bloke walked or should I say stumbled to the back of his jeep and had the cheek to say I crashed into the back of him and what was I going to do to pay for spare type which had some of the bikes paint on it after he had slammed into me. Well ofcourse I went beserk and was going to flatten him, that is if I could do it before the missus was going to :beer . She was absolutely fuming with him. She got her mobile and started to ring the police for them to come out and sort this pissed tosser out for crashing into us. I eventually calmed her down and told her not to worry I will sort ot out one way or the other. So thats when the blokes mate got out the car, so I thought to myself here we go 2 onto 1, which one I am I going to flatten first before they both try and get into me (I do regular boxing so could look after myself abit) but this other bloke was nice as nice, '' No problems mate we will get it sorted we r really sorry for causing u any harm ect ect, here is my mobile number and give me a ring tomorrow and I will get it all sorted for u, u wont have to pay a penny''.

He gave me his address to meet him tomorrow and off they went in the Jeep, the pissed bloke was STILL driving!

Met up with them both the next day and the bloke who was driving the 4x4 could'nt apologise to me enough, took my bike to the Yamaha shop in soi Bukaow, give me 10,000 baht for the repairs.

If that bloke had reversed into a person and not into my bike he would have killed them, but he did'nt seem bothered at all.

Just be careful when u r driving out in Thailand because u might not be pissed but it does'nt mean the rest of the silly fuc#ers are'nt and they couldnt give two shites!

Stay lucky!

Just be careful when u r driving out in Thailand because u might not be pissed but it does'nt mean the rest of the silly fuc#ers are'nt and they couldnt give two shites!

Stay lucky!

Good Story,

You gotta be fuxing careful in Soi Bukaow at the best of times, pissed up scousers in jeeps don't help much in the quest to get home in one piece, that's for sure.

Good outcome though afterwards.

Beach rd Soi 8, have use"d Ali for bike hire 4 time"s now , good price ,nice bike"s If you ride a bike back home ,you should be ok. If not just use the bhat bus, when hiring a motorcycle , at least check out it"s tyre"s, there is not much you can do if it rain"s and it can rain in Thailand . Joe :banghead

• 2 weeks later...

:( Russel, I've been riding in the States (California) for awhile and enjoy to ride. However, on my last trip. I was, the victim of a moving hazard. The dreaded Thai stray dog :D ! It, popped out of some tall grass in the back country. I, suffered extensive road rash. And, yes. I, did wear a helmet. But, took the skid wearing shorts. Sliding on my stomach with my lady on my back in tow :o . And, Thank God she was not injured!

Anyway- as much as you may be skilled in riding.Thailand, is a totally differant setting. You really must stay focused. And, really your ride will be more stressful then enjoyable. IMHO.

Be safe -pass on the rental. I've seen many accidents in the cites and in the rural areas and really there is no safe place to enjoy a good ride. Take care. :(

P.S. It happed 10 days before my departure,and let me tell you. It's no fun walking like a zombie with swollen knees and open wounds in LOS while you see others having the time of there lives. While your just greatful to be alive! :D

The Dude. :(

Wild Horses could not force me to hire a motorbike and then ride it in Pattaya.

The traffic can be mad. One night recently over a period of 3/4 hours i came across 3 m/b accidents, one of them looked very serious. I believe also the road fatality figures are very high.

Maybe Ok if you are going out of town but if it is for buzzing about in town then wouldnt consider it. The Baht Bus service is great, ok , because of the current excavation works on Beach road, there can be some delays but in the main it is excellent

2guns Russel, I've been riding in the States (California) for awhile and enjoy to ride. However, on my last trip. I was, the victim of a moving hazard. The dreaded Thai stray dog  B) ! It, popped out of some tall grass in the back country. I, suffered extensive road rash. And, yes. I, did wear a helmet. But, took the skid wearing shorts. Sliding on my stomach with my lady on my back in tow  :o . And, Thank God she was not injured!

Anyway- as much as you may be skilled in riding.Thailand, is a totally differant setting. You really must stay focused. And, really your ride will be more stressful then enjoyable. IMHO.

Be safe -pass on the rental. I've seen many accidents in the cites and in the rural areas and really there is no safe place to enjoy a good ride. Take care. :poke

P.S. It happed 10 days before my departure,and let me tell you. It's no fun walking like a zombie with swollen knees and open wounds in LOS while you see others having the time of there lives. While your just greatful to be alive! :nod

The Dude. 2guns

Dude

I can see some , of your points ,

Takeing a chance & riding a bike your self is one thing.

If you find the riding stressful, and not enjoyable you sould not ride,

You need to stay focused, riding in any country its not the same as driving.

And as you ride at home, I"am shore this was not your 1st spill,

Just useing the bike to bar hop ,is pointless and as you say ,

But I"am glad your ok ,and hope your still riding.

and yes it could be me next, Its a chance I will take .

Joe :beer

I rented a motorbike for months in my Thailand stays, but I lived in Hua Hin. I would probably say out of everywhere in Thailand, Pattaya looked like the most frustrating place to ride. I'm the only one I know who has not been in a motorbike/cycle accident in Thailand. Wear helmets, be very alert.

A guy I know was driving down the highway when a stray dog ran right out in front of him, hit the dog, yelped (the dog, but he probably did, too...), and polish-wheelied face first right over the handlebars. He's laying out in the highway when two Thai women run over.....to the dog.

I'll admit, driving is fun, but when I'm in Pattaya there's so much cheap public transportation 24/7 I don't see any reason to rent and risk the danger. It's not like the roads in Pattaya are open and good for driving, it's probably more frustrating than anything to even try. I'd recommend Hua Hin if you want some fun open drives. :) Lots of space and nice landscape for driving. Been on a few day-long trips driving around the countryside. Lucky I didn't end up in Burma! :beer

~Loopz

A few weeks ago across from the lek hotel,young english guy no skin on right arm,

right thigh serious gravel rash,knee serious cut,ankle ditto, various cuts to fingers etc etc.

couple of girls and shop owner dabbing wounds with iodine trying to help.

Advice from all go to bangkok pattaya hospital,

Guy as only had bike 15 mins.

worried about how much its going to cost at hospital no insurance?? ,

holiday fucked.

maybe on a budget i dont know,I lost paitence after he would not take a taxi too the hospital, worrys about the cost.

he wore flipflops.shorts and singlet.

of course no helmet.

you better take care out there.

make sure your insurance covers you for dangerous sports,

cos thats what riding a bike in pattaya/thailand is

personally I dont see the point in getting the big 'fat' bkies out while in Pattaya because u never really get to open them up beacause of the traffic unless u go touring outside of Pattaya. One of the most annoying things is seeing the bastard Arabs reving them up up when u walk past, feel like knocking them out sometimes!

Personally when I am in Pattaya I go for the Honda Novo bike which is all I need to get myself around Pattaya.

A Honda Nove is perfect for getting around Pattaya but I like a big bike because I travel to Udon Thani, Chaing Mai, Ubon and Katchanaburi and other interesting places. If you have not done this then consider it, it's a blast. There are a couple of motorcycle clubs that take tours all over and you can go with them. You can also go with them in your car if you wish. Check with the Cotton Club in Naklua on Soi 12 I think it is. About 2 klicks toward the Bay.

:gulp :gulp :gulp :P :grin-jump :grin-jump

Okay, if you really plan on getting out on the highways, maybe you should get a "motorcycle", but from what I have seen the streets of Pattaya are full of idiots who make a big show of roaring around on sporting bikes that are far too big and powerful for the purpose of merely getting around - I am no stranger to high performance two-wheelers myself, but I have absolutely no inclination to rent any motorbike or motorcycle here - I just watched some Eurotourist and his home gf get the 30 second familiarization routine outside of the beer bar I was in, and off they were in a major burst of RPM on another bike far too large for sightseeing or getting around...another statistic waiting to happen? No thanks.

Snowbird,

you dont see them guys on the highway.

they just hang around the soi ,

Maybe they think the BG find this impressive?

Like a lot of things in Pattaya bike hire is cheep.

So even if your not into it you some will do it anyway.

I've driven bikes all over Thailand as well as riding most days in Pattaya (large and small engines) and it's ok, You obviously have to be careful and watch whats going on around you, I've not had any accidents in the 40 months that i've lived here,( fingers crossed) :unsure:

Saying that there are some real idiots here in pattaya, Mostly english and arabs on sports bikes but the worse riders (apart from the thais) are old farang males (normally french ,italian etc) :P that have lived in pattaya for a long time, The reason for this is they try and drive (worse actually) that the thai's, Cutting you up, Riding across red lights etc etc. :banghead

I’ve been riding my whole life.....but one thing I have vowed is to never get on a motorcycle/motorbike etc in Thailand. Five trips and I have seen a bad accident every single trip. Just be careful and always ride very defensively.

hello

Every time i come to thailand i rend a bike(8years)They got me once,just waiting to cross second road 20.00pm dark spot.Thai lady came from wrong direction,drunk i believe,just ran in to me .Ccst me about ten stitces,Thai people help lady so she got away :banghead I just have to find a doctor to fiks me.

Also pay the damage on the bike.That's Thai style,So now i look always the two sides. :banghead

whoeha