Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Inexpensive resorts in Phuket for peak season?

Can anyone recommend a good resort (or near-the-beach hotel) in Phuket that isn't too expensive for peak season (early Jan, possibly including NYE)... up to around US$100/4000B a night?

I'm going to be with my falang SO for this one, so "guest friendliness" is not an issue and in fact being a little away from the nightlife is a plus.

You didn't say which beach you wanted to go to. If you're just going to be with your wife or girlfriend, why not try to get the JW Marriott Resort through Priceline Hong Kong site. I've seen some people get some awesome deals for what would otherwise be an expensive place. The only downside is that you're far away from the nightlife.

Rex

Check out www.latestays.com I've been told Expat hotel at 490 is a OK place on the cheap end. I've never stayed there myself.

Edited by BigDUSA

Just at thought - you may want to consider moving a few minutes further down to Karin or Kata (sp?) beaches. Very little of the crazy Bangla Road type action and IMHO much nicer beaches. But I am not sure it will be cheaper than Phuket

Edited by drpaul854
http://www.marinaphuket.com/

Stayed here twice, very nice, landscaped gardens, excellent restaraunts, about 5 mins in a taxi from patong, bars shops etc 2 mins walk.

There was not any beer bars close by when i stayed.

Might be able to get at a cheaper rate if you look at some of the agents.

Inexpensive? :P With no guest fee? :D

120 US per night seems a bit on the expensive side for LOS. But, then again I have never been to Phuket.

Sailfast

Inexpensive? :chogdee2 With no guest fee? :ang2

120 US per night seems a bit on the expensive side for LOS. But, then again I have never been to Phuket.

Sailfast

No guest fee is not necessarily a plus with the wife along... :chogdee2

Also, peak season rates are ridiculous over there - $108 (10% discount) if that carries all the way through the holidays as their page seems to indicate isn't too bad. And $60 the rest of the year for a resort-ish property sounds about right for Phuket.

just at thought - you may want to consider moving a few minutes further down to Karin or Kata (sp?) beaches. Very little of the crazy Bangla Road type action and IMHO much nicer beaches. But I am not sure it will be cheaper than Phuket
You didn't say which beach you wanted to go to.

Never been to any of the beaches on Phuket, so I'm not dead set on any one of them...

Check out www.latestays.com I've been told Expat hotel at 490 is a OK place on the cheap end. I've never stayed there myself.

Probably a little cheaper than I need to go, fortunately :)

If you're just going to be with your wife or girlfriend, why not try to get the JW Marriott Resort through Priceline Hong Kong site. I've seen some people get some awesome deals for what would otherwise be an expensive place. The only downside is that you're far away from the nightlife.

Probably no such deals during the holiday period, but heck, definitely worth a shot! And far away from the nightlife is not a problem, the wife is not a partier... and *lol* I'd like her to keep thinking I'm not one either.

Thanks a lot guys!

Rex

Hi

Stayed in this place in Feb05 http://www.sunsetphuket.com/

Only Thai guest was my lady. No beer bars near by and plenty of facilities. Seems right type of place in your circumstances, but if I was on my own it's too far from the ladies for my taste. Good value for money. Check out website.