Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Question about the RG Hotel

Greetings,

I am starting to think about my hotel for my upcoming trip in March and am thinking of staying at the RG. I really like the discount given by booking thru PP website but it doesn't give a discount if you want to stay in the larger suites. That may not be all that important, but in reading their website,it states that only 2 people are allowed in a 1 BR suite. What has been your experience in bringing back 2 or 3 or more ladies?

Thanks

Ty_

Guest Winston_Churchill

6 is a good idea and no problem if you keep the noise down,seriously you will have no problem with as many as you like, 2 b/rooms is a no no what's the point?

Guest Winston_Churchill
I was told by security that if I had more than one guest there would be a fee.

Sailfast

Very strange when was that?i had 5 in july

Very strange when was that?i had 5 in july

Winston,

That was back in mid Jan, 05.

Let me give you the full story.

I was traveling with two other friends and it was our second night at the RG. One buddy had fallen in Love in BKK. The other had met Ms. right the night before in Pattaya.

So, the five of us where heading out to for the night and the security gaurd was walking with us out to the road to "help" find a baht bus (like you won't get killed by one if your not careful).

We where out by the road when he gave us this little speach, stating that there would be a fee if there was more than two hotel people staying in each room. This kind of pissed off the girls since it seemed like he was implying that the love birds would need the assistance of a third party :unsure:

I think he said the fee was 500 bt.

Anyway, we shrugged it off. Now, after reading this thread, I'm thinking that this may have been a way for the guy to make a little extra on the side.

Sailfast

Guest Winston_Churchill

I have been staying there a couple of years now and never had a problem,i always give the security guy a tip dont know if that helps,as i say i have never encountered a problem last time there 4 girls came over from the flb all day used the pool never had a problem :beer

here's 2 of em

112IMG_0111.jpg

112IMG_0112.jpg

Edited by Winston_Churchill

I've brought 1, 2 ansd 3 ladies backj to the room with no problem, Security guard has even sorted me out with extra towels (blue ones at reception) for the extra ladies, I do tip him the odd few Baht and have a chat with him any time I bump into him, sound bloke really I've always found, unless maybe there is more than one Security Guard, I only remember one on nights, Don is his name ( at least it sounds like Don, I probably have it all wrong)

I've had a few e-mail exchanges with Ib in the past on this very question. In the in-room guest literature it does talk about limiting the number of people. However, Ib explained that for a while there were guys who would bring in a ton of other guys and girls to their suites and hold huge parties all night long, greatly disturbing the other guests. He told me that I was free to bring back as many girls as I could handle -- no problem.

:cussing I tried for over a month to make a reservation at RG but they were already filled for NYE and early January (peak season). I had to settle for the Areca Lodge. If they're that busy already, they must be really good :finger

Every man and his dog stays here. If you have a nice regular girl she will have to run the gauntlet of pervy falangs every day asking do you do ST or LT the place is full of sex tourists.

I hated the place. But I know many on here like it, probebly because as one girl is leaving another falang usually does here as well.

Edited by BigRobo

I used to stay there all the time.

great property except for its out of the way location (but close to walking street) and the beds are only doubles. i like queen and king size beds.

I tried a few hotels before staying at the RG - Its now my hotel of choice when in Pattaya. I like the location - its half way between South Pattaya and Jontien (where some hidden gems can be uncovered). It can be entertaining sitting on the balcony early evening watching the passing parade wend their merry way into Pattaya. There is a baht bus that stops opposite the RG(crossing the road early evening can be fatal - so be careful). The Rooms are great - the staff is friendly - the resturant is excellent - there is a pool - no problem with TGs- and IB the owner is a good bloke (even if he does think that Elvis is still alive). I'll be there late December / early January as per usual. :finger

Carlsburg told me the wifi worked well. As for joiner fees when I had multipe ladies I stopped by the desk and asked for extra towels and pillows. They told me there would be a fee for the extra towels but I was never charged. I always had great service at RG. The beds are just too hard for me. <laugh <laugh