Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 274 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Singapore Air Good Prices !!

Just my 10c worth. I've flown nearly all possible airlines to SE Asia from Aust, and Singapore are head and shoulders above all the rest.

I'm in their F/F program now, but would probably use them regardless.

Lemons

I just booked my november trip with united. It is $811 including all taxes leaving on a friday returning on a thursday. I will earn 39,600 miles on the trip and i will be in premier seating becuase I am a premier executive. since this is my third flight this year I will be over 50k miles for the year and a premier exec next year. The 3 flights earned a total of 114,200 miles which is almost enough for 2 free trips.

My biggest temptation was to fly EVA air in delux class. The cost would have been $1050. Since I fly to LOS 3-5 times a year United makes the best deal for me. If I was flying only 1 or 2 times each year then EVA would be my choice.

I have flown Singapore and they have great service. I used my miles to fly singapore biz class and it is every bit as good as United 1st class. But if you are in singapore cattle class the seats are every bit as small as everyone elses. And over 19 hours in a plane that makes a big difference.

For me lasting on the plane for 19 hours is a mind game. I almost switched to eva for this trip becuase I would be flying with 5 friends if I did. Flying with someone that is a bud helps cut the "damn this is a long flight"feeling. that or some really good drugs. :D

i'm a coach guy and coach on the Sing non-stop is called something like "executive economy" and it's really roomy. teh non-stop has a 2-3-2 config and even aguy in the dreaded middle seat said he was comfortable. i didn't want to get off the plane wanted to watch another movie.

wheels up in 5 weeks on the Thai non-stop, we'll see what that's like.

Edited by partyanimal