Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Cheap open flights

I'm going to Thailand for 3 months - Jan 18th to mid April - even though it might be reduced / extended for certain reasons (mainly if I have any money left!)

I would prefer a direct flight from the UK (which means BA or Eva) but could settle for 1 stopover. (I also don't like flying - so look at the 'risk' factors for each airline - plus the stopovers increase the risk!)

As you can see its important for me to be able to change my return date.

As with everyone cost is important - £150 saved is almost 10 girls!

BA is currently about £675 but hoping to get a 'sale' price of £500 all in with an extra £50 to change the ticket - and EVA about the same - but not sure about the (complex?) rules.

As I need to buy a return ticket (rule for entering the country) - and hard to get a cheap one way ticket?? - I thought it might be an option to fly out with Royal Jordian (current £330!!) - but may not be able to change the return date? then in thailand buy a return ticket (maybe wait for a BA standby ticket as I hear it usually travels back fairly empty?) as I hear its cheaper to buy a ticket there than here (also been told to buy travel insurance when there as much cheaper)

So what is the cheapest way while needing to be flexible. Any how easy is it to change your return day?

Sorry for sounding like a newbie - but thats because I am!

Not being familiar with what flies out of your location, many board members here can help you out.

As for going to Thailand for over the 30 day period. Have you set up a visa for the extend stay? Unless you are going to make boarder runs into Cambodia, you need to get a visa for anything over the 30 days. Thailand gives you 30 days in country as long as you have a return ticket in hand.

Since I have as yet stayed beyond the 30 days, not sure what you have to do on your end for that visa.

As for making the satement you are a newbie and asking these questions. This is what this board is for.

So, ask away your questions to ensure you are ready for the best time of your life.

I will be in Pattaya on the 28th of Jan for a few weeks. So if you want to hook up for a beer or two, let me know.

What hotel have you set up at???

As for the long flight, I am flying out of LAX (USA) after flying in from Seattle, Wash., to meet up partner and head to Bangkok via Osaka Japan. Totall flight time to Bangkok with a short lay over is 19 hours in the air.

Hi BarrioRunner!

Many thanks for that - we are booked into the flipper lodge :-) get into pattaya on the 19th Jan - stay there 2 weeks then off to Bangkok - then see what happens.

Would love to buy you a beer for just posting a reply. My e-mail is davidwood@hotmail.com - see you there. 12 hour direct flight for me.

Your assumptions are mainly incorrect.

Direct flights are with BA/Qantas/Thai/EVA. Discounted tickets bought in the UK usually have restrictions on them, namely non changeable or changeable at a price.

The likelyhood is the cheaper the price, the more restrictions.

Forget about BA standby, it won't be cheaper.

So your choice is to buy a more expensive direct flight and have more flight options to get home or a cheaper flight with connections with a lesser chance of changing to the flight that you need to get back.

Your other option of a one way flight has it's pitfalls too. Contrary to popular belief, flights aren't necessarily cheaper bought in Thailand, but the tickets generally have less restrictions. For instance, a BA/Qantas flight costs around 48000 baht (over £650) return from Thailand but can be cheaper in the UK. The same with Thai/EVA.

The one way option(Get a visa) doesn't save you money, as the cheapest one way from Thailand would be a minimum of around 15000 baht(£200). For a direct flight, bank on 21000 baht(£300). So you'll end up paying over £500 to £600 for not necessarily the best airline/routing.

The main benefit to flying one way is that you can buy a fully date changeable one year return ticket for a little as 31000 baht(£420). Less if you're willing to go downmarket with your airline.

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT WAITING TO BUY TRAVEL INSURANCE. Just wanting to make sure thast you read that.

The UK has about the cheapest and best insurance market in the world.

Take a look at http://www.moneysupermarket.com/travelinsurance/ for prices.

Come back if it's too complicated for you and need some suggestions.

My advice: Fly one way with Etihad for £260. That way you are free to buy a O/W(from £200) or a freely changeable return ticket(from £400) in Thailand.

Agree with most of previous post but you'll certainly be able to pick up a six month Eva ticket with open dated return for tops £525 in Mid january.

Ring or email www.westeasttravel.com

:rolleyes:

Pattaya Man

Maybe you should refer yourself to the topic heading.

Allow me to remind you; It's a request for the cheapest flexible ticket with a minimum three month duration.

I've already posted on what are the cheapest and best options.

Personally, I wouldn't fly on Thai anyway, at least until their product is brought up to scratch.

I'd certainly prefer to have two trips on EVA Elite Class for the price of one Thai trip.

Oops, forgot to answer your question. That's yes and yes.

Edited by valentinoxxx
Pattaya Man

Maybe you should refer yourself to the topic heading.

Allow me to remind you; It's a request for the cheapest flexible ticket with a minimum three month duration.

I've already posted on what are the cheapest and best options.

Personally, I wouldn't fly on Thai anyway, at least until their product is brought up to scratch.

I'd certainly prefer to have two trips on EVA Elite Class for the price of one Thai trip.

Oops, forgot to answer your question. That's yes and yes.

Don't be such a smart arse.

BTW EVA are crap, Elite class or valentinoxxx no class. 9 out of 10 times Thai are great.Mostly I get an upgrade from biz to first.I don't think you can beat that for £1400.

Fine and dandy for you, but a pointless thread hijack all the same.

As an aside, I don't travel with Thai or EVA. I prefer BA Club, as they have a proper flat bed and decent lounge services.

In matters of class, I wouldn't imagine someone who associates himself with Pattaya, by naming himself PATTAYA_MAN, would be an adequate arbiter of class.

By all means, spend as much money as you want to on your travel arrangements.

I wouldn't even spend £1000 to fly in Royal Executive. Either way, it's irrelevant in relation to this thread topic.

Up to you.

Edited by valentinoxxx
Fine and dandy for you, but a pointless thread hijack all the same.

As an aside, I don't travel with Thai or EVA. I prefer BA Club, as they have a proper flat bed and decent lounge services.

In matters of class, I wouldn't imagine someone who associates himself with Pattaya, by naming himself PATTAYA_MAN,  would be an adequate arbiter of class.

By all means, spend as much money as you want to on your travel arrangements.

I wouldn't even spend £1000 to fly in Royal Executive. Either way, it's irrelevant in relation to this thread topic.

Up to you.

Stop being such a baby.Is it half-term again.

Come on now you don't even have a £1000.00

BTW what are the xxx for to kiss your arse good bye.

Getting back to the thread.AEROFLOT do a year long open ticket in shit class if you have to.

Edited by PATTAYA_MAN

PATTAYA MAN,

You are such a tit!!!

From what i can gather from the posts you post on here, i reckon you are a BIG headed twat with no friends(i bet you goto thailand on your own) that has an obssesion with expensive flights and buisness class.

Oh yeah...... going back to my post on another forum-you have got a fat arse cos i saw you bending over near the pier on beach road the other night letting a she male enter you from behind lol

:clueless :D

PATTAYA MAN,

You are such a tit!!!

From what i can gather from the posts you post on here, i reckon you are a BIG headed twat with no friends(i bet you goto thailand on your own) that has an obssesion with expensive flights and buisness class.

Oh yeah...... going back to my post on another forum-you have got a fat arse cos i saw you bending over near the pier on beach road the other night letting a she male enter you from behind lol

:unsure: B)

You poor in-breds form Norwich know all about taking it up the arse. :clueless :D

You poor in-breds form Norwich know all about taking it up the arse. :angry: :banghead

Nothing wrong with Norwich Farman apart from its in england and so are we !!!

Regards

Matty(25 miles east ) :P

Hi david the advice to phone west east travel is good I use them all the time ,but keep checking the other sites like OPODO and Travelocity just to check prices. the visa you need is a 90 day visa, cant remember the exact name of it at present,but you get it by getting in touch with the Thai embassy(best ones in Hull)search the web for contact details it costs I think £25 +postage and you get it in a few (as little as 3)days but get it well in advance (you can specify the start date)

PS west east quoted me £555 for a 4 1/2 month ticket on thai air with no charge for a change to return date starting in april

All the relevant details are here; http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/visas.htm

You can also download the visa application form if you wish to apply by post to one of these consulates;

8.1 Royal Thai Consulate in Birmingham, Tel: 01216439481 Fax: 01214493334

8.2 Royal Thai Consulate in Hull, Tel: 01482581668 Fax: 01482580588

8.3 Royal Thai Consulate in Liverpool, Tel: 01512550504 Fax: 01512551070

8.4 Royal Thai Consulate in Glasgow, Tel: 01413535090 Fax: 01413322928

8.5 Royal Thai Consulate in Cardiff, Tel: 02920465777 Fax: 02920465777

8.6 Royal Thai Consulate in Gibralta, Tel: 00-350-46315 Fax: 00-350-46316

8.7 Royal Thai Consulate in Dublin,Tel: 00-353-14753928 Fax: 00353-14753943

No postal applications to the London Embassy.

Tourist visa; £25 per 60 day entry. You can apply for the visa up to 90 days before you leave. In the case of a multiple entry visa, you need to have begun the last entry within six months of issue.

I see you will be at BKK airport at 0735 on 29 NOV.As you are so poor I arranged for my friends to pick you up & take you where ever they want.

Ha Ha Ha :finger :finger :ang2

Thankyou mate thats very kind of you but they may be waiting a while considering i get in on 29th December. :moon

YOU THICK SHITHEAD

Stick that one up your wide birth PATTAYA MAN

:moon

:finger