Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Retirement Visa

Thanks for all the contributions on this topic, which has been confusing in the past. Tony, if the 3 million baht requirement is true for persons under the age of 50, then all I need to do is have $75K US in a Thai bank account each year when I apply and then renew, and I can get and maintain a retirement visa. That means I can retire in Pattaya about 3 years earlier than I expected (age 47). Am I missing something?

Leave your money in the US where you will make some interest and apply for the 1 year Non Imm O visa thru the Denver Consual Many have done that and Jan in Denver said no problem in getting them back to back then when you turn 50 transfer the 800,000 baht and convert your 1 year non Imm O to a retirement Visa here in Thailand very easy to do here.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have my retirement visa and it was based on monthly income. I do not have to show any transfering to Thai banks. Something to keep in mind is that you can have a combination of income and bank account if your pension is not enough. For example, If you had a pension income of 37,500 per month and a bank account of 400000 baht you would qualify.

In Bangkok, even though I was qualified on the income side, they also wanted to see that I had a bank account here and what the balance was. It didn,t matter what was in there(go figure!). I got a letter from Bangkok bank for this.

Just got my Non-immigrant , multiple entry O visa from Portland consul. I mailed it last thursday and received it this Wednesday. 6 Days and that's with one of the days being a Postal holiday also. Sent via Priority Mail both ways.

Cheers

If you can walk in to the clinic you get the letter I was told at the clinic that the exam takes 10 Min's how can they check for all that stuff with out a blood test or can they and all for a cost of 150 baht ?? Modern Medicine comes to Pattaya

different strokes for different countrys....

i have just had the medical certificate done in oz..

mo fo quack took blood, did swabs and sent me for x rays...come back in 3 days..

needless to say..this lil vegemite is a clean lil vegemite...

i now have a certificate that says so...

:D