Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I've been reading here and there about condos and houses and such. Now I have an idea of what I would like if I were to retire to Thailand in 10 years. Unfortunately, I havn't seen anyone building anything near that. So here are my specs just in case anyone is listening. I live in a low cost of living area, so don't be surprised with what you hear. Also, if anyone else has an opinion, please add it.

1500 sq feet.

Kitchen, dining area, two bedrooms, living room, bathroom with shower and jacuzzi. Porch area.

Single story with enough grass out the back door to have a large dog.

24x7 security for the complex.

Washer/Dryer

Community swimming pool.

High speed internet service.

Weekly maid service for hire.

Easy Bahtbus access.

Oh, and the price, $25,000 or 1,000,000 baht

I've been reading here and there about condos and houses and such. Now I have an idea of what I would like if I were to retire to Thailand in 10 years. Unfortunately, I havn't seen anyone building anything near that. So here are my specs just in case anyone is listening. I live in a low cost of living area, so don't be surprised with what you hear. Also, if anyone else has an opinion, please add it.

1500 sq feet.

Kitchen, dining area, two bedrooms, living room, bathroom with shower and jacuzzi. Porch area.

Washer/Dryer

Community swimming pool.

Easy Bahtbus access.

Oh, and the price, $25,000 or 1,000,000 baht

Hi Short. In my experience I do not think you will find what you want in Pattaya, Jomtien, Phuket or Bangkok. You will have to go up north or into the smaller towns like Trat etc.

For example my wifes house in bangkok when compared to your requirements.

1500 sq feet. Maybe but cannot think in feet. Age about 13 years old

Yep but no jacuzzi

2 storey but grass got concreted

The village has got security sort of. Normally asleep and when not wave to everybody.

Washer yep. The missus

Pool. ahh na, no pool

Hi speed internet. You have gotta be kidding.

Maid. Yep, the missus

Got baht bus.

Price 1,000,000 baht is right on the money.

Just kidding around a bit here but as you can see 1M does not buy much.

I've been reading here and there about condos and houses and such.  Now I have an idea of what I would like if I were to retire to Thailand in 10 years.  Unfortunately, I havn't seen anyone building anything near that.  So here are my specs just in case anyone is listening.  I live in a low cost of living area, so don't be surprised with what you hear.  Also, if anyone else has an opinion, please add it.

1500 sq feet.

Kitchen, dining area, two bedrooms, living room, bathroom with shower and jacuzzi.  Porch area.

Washer/Dryer

Community swimming pool.

Easy Bahtbus access.

Oh, and the price, $25,000  or 1,000,000 baht

1500 sq feet. = YES!

Kitchen, dining area, two bedrooms, living room, bathroom with shower and NO jacuzzi. Porch area.

Single story with enough grass out the back door to have a large dog. = Golden retriever and two rai.

24x7 security for the complex. = Golden Retriever and a two meter high block fence.

Washer = Plus clothes line dryer

NO Community swimming pool.

High speed internet service. = IPSTAR = high speed for the boonies.

Weekly maid service for hire. = 24/7 built in maid.

Easy Bahtbus access. = Nissan, Suzuki or Honda self service.

Oh, and the price, $25,000 or 1,000,000 baht. = Free for me, belongs to my wife.

Hi Short,

Prices in Pattaya are going through the roof. You would be lucky to get a 30sm studio for 1mB.

I've been looking around Pattaya for the last 3 months, they were wanting 2mB for a decent basic single bedroom condo. I have just been up to Undon Thani and liked the place and bought a new three bed two bathroom bungalow, fully furn, tel, a/c, cooker, fridge etc for 1,100,000B. Move in next month.

Cheers Doug.

Not a hope in hell of finding what you're looking for in your price range in Pattaya, particularly on the baht bus route.

One guy I know here is selling a one-bedroom 74 square metre condo for 3,800,000 baht though houses tend to be cheaper than condos. Now, if you were to add a zero to your price, you might find what you want or be able to get a house built to your own specifications. :lol:

Alan

Short,

The cost of living here in Pattaya is less than the States but your criteria are unrealistic. Hell, if I could find something that fit your criteria, I would buy more than 2, I'd buy a bunch and sell them tomorrow for 3 x the purchase price, and have people waiting in line!

Cheers

Worth noting here that condo price, however hard it is for you to raise the money, is not money "spent".

The money doesn't disappear. You're not drinking $30,000 and it is gone down the toilet. It is just a translation of form. The money stops being numbers in your bank account and starts being walls and floors. Whenever you want, with some hassle and commission (friction) in the process, you can always convert the money back into numbers in your bank account.

The goal, in addition to picking a place comfortable, is to pick a place that increases those numbers such that commissions and hassle are more than paid for.