Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Tom,

pheeeew - well I gotta bow to your knowledge - mine is based purely on experience. Interesting about the EVA change to 777 - I defintley went on a 747 on December 23rd 2005 and the same back on Jan' 16th.

How does the 777 compare Tom? 1" less in leg-room - is it compensated by newer stock etc?

With regard to the agents, again Im sure your right but as I fly about 5 times a year LHR-BKK I have always got a better deal with the agent on the phone (I usually use ebookers) than they show on the website itself. Maybe they all have the same with a few "under the counter" for callers??

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick couple of pics of Etihad's new product .............

Economy in 3-3-3 configuration and IFE/internet connection avaialble at each seat:

EtihadEconomycopy.jpg

Biz Class in 1-2-1 configuration......... absolute flat beds with massage function .... compare that to what you get on the likes of Thai. A bargain at around 1,300 quid or under for those with a bit of cash to spare.

Etihadbiz.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Terminal 2 Uptome...

It looks to me that pricewise lately Etihad is being undercut by Royal J, Emirates and China. I am looking at dates after Songkran late April, anyone care to speculate on Etihad coming up with lower offers soon...

I agree Brown. Just booked with Etihad via www,airline-network.co.uk from Manchester to BKK, leaving end 29 November returning 30 December, 2 hour wait in Abu Dhabi each way, only £396 fully inclusive of all taxes and ticket delivery. A brilliant price and cheaper than I was paying 3 years ago with Turkish Airlines :chogdee2 . Its also at least £50 less than any other current option from Manchester.

I flew with etihad last month. I was sitting next to an arab man who told me that abu dhabi is the richest of the 7 emirates that make up the UAE and the sheik is more concerned in establishing the new airline than makeing money. They dont offer air miles so thats another reason its a bit cheaper. I had filet mignon steak on my return and thats a first in economy. Gave me all the drinks I wanted. Then get back to UK and on BMI to aberdeen they want 3 pounds for water :rolleyes:

I've always flown Etihad. Never any complaints. Food always edible. Good rates. Friendly staff. I don't drink on the flight but have seen others having a beer. As a Smoker I get a break halfway for a Ciggy or seven :rolleyes:

One annoying trait they have is that they tend to change your flight schedule on a whim if you book too far in advance. Generally I would recoomend to anyone, but delay booking until about 6 weeks in advance.

[quote name=

One annoying trait they have is that they tend to change your flight schedule on a whim if you book too far in advance. Generally I would recoomend to anyone' date=' but delay booking until about 6 weeks in advance. [/quote]

That happened to me, I booked 2 months in advance then I get an e-mail about the schedule change and an offer for a full refund that will take 4 to 6 weeks and my flight is in 5 weeks so I had little choice since they had my money tied up. Have me post my tickets back to them for re-issue and I get them 10 days before my flight after 3 e-mails from me asking where they are.

Edited by achillesdave

Dave & Phillip, I booked with Etihad, paying 4 months in advance.

Later i get an email from ebookers.com about a change in the schedule, everything has been moved back 15/20 mins.

How did your schedule change?

Cheers.

Its happened twice to me this time.

The first time about a month ago they changed my flight out of Abu Dhabi. This would have meant a delay in Abu Dhabi for about 20 hours. I wasnt having that and after some wrangling with Airline network they agreed to put me on a later flight out of London. So had a delay of the normal two hours or so again.

Just today I have received another change. The flight out of Abu Dhabi again changed by one and a half hours. So arrival in Bkk one and a half hours later.

Ive never had problems of this nature before this trip.

Once airborne they are great. But I'm getting a bit fed up with them changing my itinery at a whim.

Cheers

Phillip

My schedule changed from flying out of gatwick on the morning of feb 7 to heathrow the evening of the 6th. And changed my return from flying out of bangkok in the evening to 7.30am. So I had to leave pattaya at 2.30am. I bought 3 months ahead of time so I dont know why they would move me to another flight.

That sounds nasty Dave.

Was your return flight out of bkk at about 21:00? - Because that's what ours is.

Depart LHR - return LGW.

If they mess around anymore with the schedule i won't use them again, regardless of price/service.

Yes I was on the 2100 flight

The part that pissed me off is telling me it takes 4 to 6 weeks to refund my money when they can sell you a ticket in seconds over the internet. And then takeing 4 weeks to post my new tickets back to me. I bought ahead of time so I didnt have to worry but they stressed me out. Good flight though and a great trip, about 80 days till next trip

I might fly thai air this time, its 30 quid more but direct flight. Or maybe a sweeter deal will come up next month,

Edited by achillesdave

Just booked with Etihad MAN-BKK 28 Dec to 20 Jan with Airnet for £396 which is a great price considering it is over New Year (and my 60th (groan) birthday on 4 Jan.

Just wondering what aircraft are/will be used from Manchester then. I read the horror stories on Skytrax about clapped out Iberia 747s! If it turns out to be a Gypsy Moth for this price I will just say that I enjoy the wind in the face and I won't forget my silk scarf!

Seriously, an anyone give an update? Tom?

As a footnote - read the Qatar vs Etihad threat elsewhere but would still appreciate any update. Might add that my recent Emirates flight was first class (in economy) and IMHO better than my recent Qatar flights! But, horses for courses, one man's meat another man's poison etc etc.....

Bill

Edited by BongoBill9999
Guest Fatboyfat
Just booked with Etihad MAN-BKK 28 Dec to 20 Jan with Airnet for £396 which is a great price considering it is over New Year (and my 60th (groan) birthday on 4 Jan.

Just wondering what aircraft are/will be used from Manchester then. I read the horror stories on Skytrax about clapped out Iberia 747s!  If it turns out to be a Gypsy Moth for this price I will just say that I enjoy the wind in the face and I won't forget my silk scarf!

Seriously, an anyone give an update?  Tom?

Airbus from Manchester to Abu Dhabi and 777 from Abu Dhabi to Bangkok.

I too fell foul of the old Iberia 747s, but I believe they have got rid of them now.

You want an upgrade on the BKK flight !!! :lol:

Seat maps, schedules etc on http://www.etihadairways.com[/url]

Edited by Fatboyfat
The flight out of Abu Dhabi again changed by one and a half hours. So arrival in Bkk one and a half hours later.

Cheers

Phillip

When i first bought the tickets in december, the layover in Abu Dhabi (going) was for an hour and a quarter, with an arrival time in Bkk for 18:00. Now, with their revised schedule, it's a three hour stop in AD, arriving in Bkk at 20:00!

When i first bought the tickets in december, the layover in Abu Dhabi (going) was for an hour and a quarter, with an arrival time in Bkk for 18:00. Now, with their revised schedule, it's a three hour stop in AD, arriving in Bkk at 20:00!

Looks like your on the same flights as me. See you in Abu Dhabi!!

Thanks for the warnings about flights changes guys.

Just booked April 27th out GW -BK -GW £367.50. Gatwick seems about £40 cheaper than Heathrow. I've done the 20 hour stopover at Abu Dhabi and we quite enjoyed it!

Ten minute drive to slap up hotel with great all you can eat restaurant, pool, gym, big sandy beach tho couldn't see the sea!

I think we'll hear more about Abu Dhabi as they start to compete with Dubai.