Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

They will need to relax the islamic law in Abu Dhabi if they expect to compete for tourism with Dubai. Public displays of affection are not allowed. I had a filipina g/f there and if youve checked in at the airport there you dont see anybody hugging or kissing goodbye. Arab man on the flight confirmed this and said in Dubai they leave you alone.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just booked with Etihad MAN-BKK 28 Dec to 20 Jan with Airnet for £396 which is a great price considering it is over New Year (and my 60th (groan) birthday on 4 Jan.....

Bill

I only got agreement from my workplace for a 6 week break starting 28th Dec. The prices have gone up now and I ended up paying £460 from Heathrow. The Manchester flight is at 08:40 in the winter which is too early for me, if I go during British Summer Time it is 09:40, which is more manageable.

:clap2

Interesting to read all the above as am going with Etihad on 20th May with new Manchester service. I guess there have been teething problems with new airline.

I think this should be a thing of the past now and looking forward to the trip,all flights from Manchester are direct,not nonstop,we don't have that option like our Southern cousins.

Re schedule changes,outward from Manchester has been brought forward 30 mins to 09.10,no big deal. The price is £100 less than anyone else,so that is a big saving and as it arrives in Bangkok 07.20,I will get the Thai airlines coach at 09.00,only 200 baht.

Does that Thai minbus/coach still run from the airport ?

Thought it had been terminated a year or so ago plus ?

Chivas :clap2 :rolleyes:

Almost certain it doesn't run anymore - unless it has been resurrected!

Bill

Of the three direct fliers LHR - BKK there is little to choose between EVA and BA. EVA wins hands down if you can afford the little extra to upgarde to the Evergreen deluxe economy though.

Both have self service canteen throughout the flight which I like.

Both are infinitely better than the 3rd alternative Thai Air which has gone from excellent to awful in 3 short years.

:rolleyes:

Interesting to read all the above as am going with Etihad on 20th May with new Manchester service. I guess there have been teething problems with new airline.

I think this should be a thing of the past now and looking forward to the trip,all flights from Manchester are direct,not nonstop,we don't have that option like our Southern cousins.

Re schedule changes,outward from Manchester has been brought forward 30 mins to 09.10,no big deal. The price is £100 less than anyone else,so that is a big saving and as it arrives in Bangkok 07.20,I will get the Thai airlines coach at 09.00,only 200 baht.

Alright Pauly,

I'm on Etihad from manchester on June 7th.You mention that your flight time(outward from Manchester had changed).Did the travel agents you booked with tell you of the time change or did you find out from the airline?I haven't been issued my tickets yet.BTW i booked through Trailfinders in Manchester.Haven't heard from them about a time change yet!!

:rolleyes:

Alright Pauly,

I'm on Etihad from manchester on June 7th.You mention that your flight time(outward from Manchester had changed).Did the travel agents you booked with tell you of the time change or did you find out from the airline?I haven't been issued my tickets yet.BTW i booked through Trailfinders in Manchester.Haven't heard from them about a time change yet!!

I actually found out from a friend who is going on 22nd May with Trailfinders and was notified by them,and Etihad website seems to confirm this.

I booked with Airline Network and they have notified me that plane now arrives Manchester 05.45 not 06.45,but as Etihad site still shows 06.45,God knows and not really bothered. Have already got my flight tickets with the original times!

Have a good trip!

Etihad have started taking delivery of new A330s fitted out in a two-class configuration which are the aircraft that are slotted to be used on the MAN route. There were (still are?) teething problems due to some delays with the seat suppliers but that should sort itself over the next 4-8 weeks. From a quality point of view they should be comparable to either Qatar or Emirates and, if I recall correctly, they will have internet access in both classes. Just waiting on one of you guys doing a "live" trip report. :wtf

Tom

If the 2 class aircraft are out of Mancheter then this could be a serious contender to replace my usual EVA flight, looking forward to a live report on the new aircraft.

• 3 weeks later...

Etihad just docked twelve hours off my 8 day trip!

So the return at 21.00 is now 09.05...with twelve hour in Abu D...

Should have kept my mouth shut about how much fun it is A.D. (see earlier post on this thread) Mai pen rai

Alright Flighty,have they given a reason why it's been changed to 9 in the morning rather than 9 at night? I'm flying in June from manchester,but the leg of the flight you mention is the Bkk TO AD one.Is this change unprecedented or does it happen often?

Should have kept my mouth shut about how much fun it is A.D. (see earlier post on this thread) Mai pen rai

Yep, they did the same to me in January, fly home in the morning not the evening. The Bastards. They changed their times from the Winter schedule to the Summer one or some crap like that. 2guns :sorry :sh

No reason guys, just email from lastminute 'the airline has made some schedule changes to your itinery', 'beyond our control', 'if not suitable full refund taking up to a maximum of 8 - 10 weeks'

First time in ten flights with them this happened.

I wonder if Tom has any thoughts..

Their schedule shows them doing BKK-AUH double daily (morning and evening flights) from 5 Jun. There certainly was an issue with the timings at the commencement of their MAN schedule that meant a long layover in AUH. If I was in your position, I'd get onto ATOL and get them to exert some pressure on the airline and/or agent to offer more alternatives or a quicker refund. A lot depends whether the tickets have already been issued etc. If you paid by credit card it also leaves the option to claim the cash back from your credit card provider and let them do the donkey work with the airline/agent. FWIW there are three days a week up to 4 June when the schedule is double daily, on the other 4 days it is the morning flight only.

ATOL Consumer Advice Helpline

Tel: 020 7453 6424

Fax: 020 7453 6431

Consumer Advice

ATOL

Consumer Protection Group

Civil Aviation Authority

CAA House

45-59 Kingsway

London WC2B 6TE

:D

That sucks! What date is your flight from Bangkok? I am returning 13th June and have just checked on Etihad,Airline Network and Lastminute sites and all still showing 21.00 departure from Bangkok?

:D

Have just checked further and it would appear amended return time applies to flights Bangkok/Abu Dhabi up to 4th June,so I presume your flight is within this date band-really bad luck,I hope there are no more changes,would have to leave Pattaya 4 in the morning as well to get to Bangkok airport.

Thanks Tom, Paul. I guess if the flight no longer exists that's it. However at least I get back the same time. I return May 6th. I think I'll see if they roll out the red carpet at A.D. and later maybe talk to ATOL. I believe they mean well and Gatwick is convenient. It should be interesting from June 4th to see how things settle down

Regards

flighty

Thanks Tom, Paul. I guess if the flight no longer exists that's it. However at least I get back the same time. I return May 6th. I think I'll see if they roll out the red carpet at A.D. and later maybe talk to ATOL. I believe they mean well and Gatwick is convenient. It should be interesting from June 4th to see how things settle down

Regards

flighty

:unsure:

The flight back on 7th May is still 21.00-could you maybe ask them to put your return flight back a day at no extra charge,if it suited you of course-anyway best of luck.

Hello everyone, this is my first post <grin ….was very interesting to read these opinions!

I am flying with Etihad on June 30th returning a couple of weeks later. Thought I had a pretty good deal paying £410 but if these unscheduled changes mean a dawn flight and extended session of doing nothing in Abu-D then I am not so sure!

Having done indirect with Emirates, Balkan and KLM (via Amsterdam) and direct on BA and Thai over the years I personally prefer direct but not if the price is way out of line.

Rick

I understand that Etihad have all but completed the changeover on both the LGW and BKK routes to the new 777. The reviews on Airline Quality since the introduction of the aircraft appear to be quite positive ..........

Etihad Airways - by Sandy Mellis

20 April 2006

LGW to BKK via Abu Dhabi and return to LHR. The first leg via the new 777 was excellent, from check in to landing at Abu Dhabi. Great IFE, excellent food and staff very attentive. Unfortunately the second leg from Abu Dhabi to Bangkok via the Airbus was not so great - IFE did not operate efficiently and the staff were not so courteous. I would fly with Etihad again, because the price compared to other operators far outways any problems.

Etihad Airways - by Owen Barnes

18 April 2006

777 Gatwick to Abu Dhabi, despite being full was comfortable (maybe the seats are a little firm but this is a matter of personal preference). The staff polite attentive and professional, IFE excellent, and one on the best meals on an aircraft. Return flight equally good - especially as nearly empty !! At check-in we were offered a row each without my asking - so we were able to sleep the whole way back. Fantastic value too.

Etihad Airways - by Dennis Laycock

8 April 2006

LGW-AUH-BKK return. I felt all four flights were excellent, with helpful staff both ground and cabin crews, also modern aircraft and an excellent choice of meals and onboard entertainment. My criticism would be that the seats could be a little roomier with slightly more legroom. Etihad are offering a very competitive prices. I would have no hesitation using this airline again.

Know it's a bit early guys but booked for xmas with Etihad 28/12/06 to 18/01/07

3 seats at £440 only 90 minute stop in AUH :chogdee2

Lets hope it's good value or at least an eye opener for the future. I normally fly Thai or Eva direct.

Davey boy