Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Etihad changed my schedule also through last minute.com on my febuary trip. There has to be some reason they keep doing this, the flight times from gatwick and heathrow are the same as they were months ago. Good flight and service from crew and short layover are the positive things. But when I make plans I dont want to have to worry about changes to my schedule and it seems to be a pattern with them. I payed 40 extra pounds this time to go with thai air and a direct flight.

And this crap about 6 to 8 weeks to get your money back, when they notify you 6 weeks before the date of your flight you dont have much choice but to accept it or buy another ticket. They can take your money in seconds when you buy your ticket but it takes a month and a half to process a refund, thats just poor service.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And this crap about 6 to 8 weeks to get your money back, when they notify you 6 weeks before the date of your flight you dont have much choice but to accept it or buy another ticket. They can take your money in seconds when you buy your ticket but it takes a month and a half to process a refund, thats just poor service.

Like you I hava had to cancel tickets and book new ones because Etihad changed my flight schedule which would have left me with a 20 hour stopover. I had booked through Airline Network.

However AN were quite accomodating, and organised the new flights on the telephone for me. They also refunded my original money, on receipt of the old tickets, immediately. Whole thing, to get money back in my bank took about 4 days.

Agree with you though. I have never had anything to complain about with Etihad once off the ground.

A footnote if you do the long transit time. Etihad policy is to give free hotel room and food if transit is longer than eight hours.

Twenty five of us queued at desk in A.D. while each voucher for the hotel is hand-written out. Then took two hours to get to hotel, which was by the sea.

You exit from transit lounge through big short tunnel and turn right (ignore hanging sign saying 'transit hotel left', go through customs and wait for transit coach. Your stowed luggage stays at A.D. for onward flight so its a good idea to keep your trunks in hand luggage with you. They now charge at the transit hotel for alcoholic drink tho they won't tell you this up front; they'll only accept local currency, dollars or UK sterling. (not baht).

The flights BKK-AUD are double daily from 5 June, i.e. 0905 and 2100 departures every day ex BKK. Prior to that date Sun, Mon and Tue are a single flight at 0905. The remaining four days have two departures at 0905 and 2100.

So check with your operator if flying prior to 5th June.