Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hi fzbkk!

Depends ofcourse how long you use it, but somewhere between 1500-2000 baht a month. plahgat

just about what I would guess as well. 6B per unit seems a little high, seems a year ago most guest houses were about 5. Keep track of the meter readings, also take a look at the wheel with everything unplugged, make sure you aren't paying for some one else. I knew a guy that lived in a 20 meter place and never ran the A/C and his bill was 3,000, seems there was more than his place on the meter.

Always best to check the meter when you check in and again when you check out!

I myself stayed in a smaller place some years ago, simple but adequate aircon room for 6000 baht for three weeks, but when the bill came for the electricity it was a staggering 3000 baht! Together that is 9000 baht the same amount that I usually pay for more upscale places per month everything included! They just said the electric price was high that year, and since I didn't check the meter I just had to swallow it! :D

I have a one bedroom in condo with an air con unit in the living room, which I use as little as possible. The bedroom has a ceiling fan, which is on for anything from 8 to 10 hours per night. I get seperate bills for each room and my bedroom bill (including bathroom) is usually in the region of 250 baht.

absolute minimal use of aircon last month, my living room electric bill was just under 400 baht (mainly use of laptop and tv). The aircon unit is set to 26 Celsius so it doesn't take much most of the time to bring the temperature down to that level. I also have a large free standing fan, which I use from time to time

Do you really need the aircon on 24 hours per day? Depending on the temperature you set it too, using it all the time could easily cost as others have said between 2,000 and 3,000 baht.

Alan

Thanks for all your help guy's. Another question. 25 Bahts/cubic meter of water sound right? I got no idear how much water i would go through having say 3x15 minute showers every day? maybe chuck in some 30 minute ones too.

Our water is 25 bht cubic metre in condo, a cubic metre is a lot of water. But ladies who use toilet a lot, bump it up with constantly flushing it.

Our bill I am informed is 100-125 bht per month and my bird showers long time and uses loo a lot!

I would agree with above on electricity, no air con, 600bht air con at night 2-2500 bht air con 24 hrs, 3-3500 bht and going up.

Plus I read recently that having air con on even at night increases chances of spreading bronchial illnesses so keep filters very clean!. :nod

Edited by spacebass