Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hi people

I am looking to book a hotel for me and the wife (who is Thai) to stay 4 nights in Bangkok, we r looking for a nice hotel (4or5 star) which is near the action, anyone got any recommendations?

I have been looking at the Dusit Thani bangkok, I know this hotel is near Patpong. We have never stayed in Bangkok because we normally just head straight down to Pattaya so i have no idea where is busy to go out drinking and partying.

I know people will reply and say dont stay in bkk just head straight down to Pattaya. The wife wants to go and do some tourist stuff in Bangkok so thats why we r staying 4 days before we head down to the wonderful world of Pattaya. :lol:

So any help would be much appreciated cause I know fuck all about Bangkok cause personally I cant stand the place!

Cheers lads.

I have stayed at both the Landmark on Sukhumvit and the JW Marriott and I would recommended either one. I would lean towards the Landmark only because of the location. Nana and all the bars are around the corner. I tend to like the Marriott mainly for my frequent stay points.

President Park, Westin Grande and the Sheraton have had good reviews. One bit of advice, I would NOT stay at the President Solitaire ever again. I had stayed there last April and will say the room I stayed in needed serious repair with leaks from the upstairs room, mold in the bathroom and lousy management, that refused to lower their rates or comp the hotel stay with all their faults.

Stay at the Landmark the beds are great especially the club floors. The Marriott also is very good, with a mall right beside the hotel with access through a walkway on the second floor. Let us know what you think after your stay. Good luck and have fun! :lol:

I'd also give the Majestic Grande a look. It's located near NEP and right across from Annie's Massage. It's smaller than the Landmark, Marriott, Sheraton, and Westin, but I think it's a much better value for the money. Nice rooms, nice pool, nice spa, nice staff, and girl friendly.

My question is are you going to be hobbying with the little lady next to you? :banana I've only gone by myself so I've stayed at the Dynasty Inn and the Majestic Suites which are both close to Nana Plaza.

It's depending of the price you will pay ! In the 2500-4000 Baht Arnoma, Novotel Siam aquare, Holiday Inn Ploenchit and Pathumwan Princess are in the center good for shopping. Sofitel Silom is also a great hotel. In 4000-6000 Bahts Landmark in Suk, Amari Watergate in Pratunam are really good, for a lttle bit more Royal Orchid Sheraton and Intercontinental are really good. Dusit about 6000 bahts is also a good choice even is dating from 1970. The top, Peninsula, Oriental Shangri-la, Gd Hyatt etc is over 8000 Bahts.

I'd also give the Majestic Grande a look. It's located near NEP and right across from Annie's Massage. It's smaller than the Landmark, Marriott, Sheraton, and Westin, but I think it's a much better value for the money. Nice rooms, nice pool, nice spa, nice staff, and girl friendly.

I'd back that choice excellent hotel for the money;

Majestic Grand

You call that pool they have in MG, lol is just a big tub, and only have sun in the morning.

I say Marriott or westin, love the beds in westin, and so do the tg hehe

You call that pool they have in MG, lol is just a big tub, and only have sun in the morning.

I say Marriott or westin, love the beds in westin, and so do the tg hehe

What are you talking about? The pool at the Majestic Grande is only a little smaller than the pool at the Westin.

What are you talking about? The pool at the Majestic Grande is only a little smaller than the pool at the Westin.

Westin pool is almost dobble side to Grande, and i got sun all day, where Grande only have in the morning.

You cant say it almost same side, is not even near that

hi everyone,

Right I still have a dilema.....

Would u recommened to stay Patpong, Soi Cowboy, or Sukhumvit?

I have only stayed in BKK once and that was for only 1 night and that was a few years ago so I have no idea where the best places r to go drinking and partying with the wife (she is Thai)

Also some point we want to go shopping at Patpong market, I am thinking of staying at the Landmark, Majestic Grande or Bel-Air princess (all on Sukhumvit) or maybe the Dusit Thani (Patpong), any thoughts?

so how far is Patpong market away from Sukhumvit?

Is it worth staying in a hotel near Patpong, whats the nightlife there like? better than on Sukhumvit??

I am a total Bangkok virgin, cause we normally just head straight down to Pattaya but this time we r spending 4 days in BKK.

Any help much appreciated, cheers guys