Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

were is the best place to see what it looks like and how are the prices I hear alot of people talking a bout the gems stone that they have there but not the gold? why is that I plan on going to thialand in january and staying around 3 weeks want to get in some good shoping and sightseeing I have a lot of stuff that I would like to do there besides bar hop but I will do alittle of that but my whole trip won't be all a bout that.

There are nearly the same amount of Gold shops as there are bars in Pattaya. So it is very hard to make a recommendation.

If you are a rich man you could always ask a local girl to take you to her favourite shop.

Personally I would just walk around and have look in various shops and get an idea of what the costs are. I think gold must be around 10000 baht for 1 baht of gold

GoldPriceChart.gifBad time to buy..1 Baht wt. is up to 13800.... I paid 8500 24 months ago. I would also consdier what currency you are working from....... :clap2

this chart equates to about the same incerease... 1 Bath gold is about

1/ 2 oz/14.2gms

I would continue to invest in Short times as that product is fairly price stable..

the buy back was at 10,300 in MBK a few days go.....I almost started looking for the 50 or so gilrs I sucker in to buyiung gold for!........

Edited by Phuket Jimmy
GoldPriceChart.gifBad time to buy..1 Baht wt. is up to 13800.... I paid 8500 24 months ago. I would also consdier what currency you are working from....... :banghead

this chart equates to about the same incerease... 1 Bath gold is about

1/ 2 oz/14.2gms

I would continue to invest in Short times as that product is fairly price stable..

the buy back was at 10,300 in MBK a few days go.....I almost started looking for the 50 or so gilrs I sucker in to buyiung gold for!........

Troll :eyecrazy

I forgot to metion that I have a 1 baht gold band the was noted at the shop in Patong recently....for those of you know don't know the 23.9 gold is very soft so a band ring for a gent needs to be at leas .25 baht or it will bend really bad. :clap1

I still don't know why all that lovely thai god stuff doesn't look so bad, :llaugh that is unless the girls sell it back as soon as you leave??? :clap1

Which is the case all too often :D

There are at least a dozen gold shops up on Centeral Pattaya Rd east of 2nd Rd, look for the red front stores. A baht of gold is around 1/2 oz of gold. When I left Pattaya about 2 weeks ago it was around 12,000 baht for a baht of gold. Earlier this year I saw it as high as 13,500. The price of a baht of gold is shown on the store front window and sometime they change the price twice a day, they are closed on Saturdays. Lets assume that when you go shopping its listed at 12,000 baht for a baht and you want to purchase a baht of gold. The 12,000 is the value of the gold so you will be paying an amount over that listed price to cover the shop keepers overhead, workmanship and profit. This is the amount that you will be negotiating. The shop keeper might ask for 14,000 and you'll be trying to get him down to maybe 13,500.

HonoluluJimmy is not only a troll - he is a troll taht cant read too

everybody who can read can check the current gold prices per baht weight at teh bangkok posts website

today it is 10,950 baht - just the same qas a few days back when he claimed it was 13,800 :llaugh never has seen thailand this guy...

btw - i baht is 15.9 gramms

cheers

cyber

U get different prices at various shops.Have seen 1baht in some shops as high as 12500 baht.U just have to shop around and u will get a good deal.But the price has gone up alot in the past year or so.Never priced the thai gold in ireland or europe.Does any1 know how much 1baht of thai gold would be worth in western europe.My guess not much but would like to know.