Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

:clap1 I have stayed at the sabai lodge wing on many occasions and have always enjoyed a pleasant, helpfull and friendly atmosphere.

On my last trip in July however my room was entered and belongings stolen whilst i slept.

I must point out at this stage that i was alone and did not have a lady in my room.

I informed the staff at reception the next morning who rather incredulessly told me that it was impossible and that it had never happened before.

The next morning at breakfast a member of staff informed me that another guest had reported that someone had opened their door with a key but had not managed to get in because the chain was on the door(something that i foolishly omited to do}

It is obvious that a member of staff was involved in this as a master key was being used.

I have not heard anything from the hotel since this occured and therefore can't say wether or not the culprit is still at large.

It is a great pity that i feel i cannot stay there anymore because of this one isolated incident but even if i were to put the chain on the door during the night, whats to stop them using the master key and getting in during the day. You can't put the chain on the door when you go out for the day. :clap1

Anyone recomend a good Hotel for my trip inSeptember?

Anyone recomend a good Hotel for my trip inSeptember?

Sabai Resort???

2guns :clap1 :clap1 :clap1 :bj1 :clap1 :moon :D

Sorry - could not resist :clap1

That's really bad luck - it's really spooky getting disturbed in the middle of the night, even when it's just a BG, knocking at your door.

Edited by ben99

Thanks for the welcolme.

No they took my digital camera and around 1500 Baht that was in the pocket of my shorts.

My stash and passport, credit cards e.t.c were in the safe.

Funny though, they didn't go for my phone which was on charge next to my bed.

Perhaps it's because i'm 6'2" and the theiving little sod was scared that i might wake up and be within grabbing distance.

Bad luck Vikingprince!! and welcome to this board. I might be staying at the Sabai Resort, last 2 weeks September (ish) I hope the security is better there. Thanks for reporting that as a lot of boardies stay there

Unless the hotel has those electronic card keys, then any former occupant or former employee could get a key made. I always use the interior locking device and after the room has been cleaned I hang out the "Privacy " sign even when I'm out of the room. There is also a door knob cover that you can purchase for a small amount that you lock over your door knob when your out of the room, again you must wait for your room to be cleaned and this device is only good if you have to insert a key into the door knob.

It sounds like it pays to stay in a hotel with a deadbolt and chain lock for the door.

I thought this happened to me once in the PI. Not a comforting feeling at all.

Regards

If I recall correctly the rooms at the Sabai Lodge have a push-type, locking mechanism on the door handles inside the room and a separate security bar/chain.

Are you even sure you managed to close the door as both simple security measures seem to have been beyond you.

Dear vikingprince:

I suggest Mark-Land on Soi 1 and Beach Road. Some reasons:

1) Very girl friendly

2) Nice size rooms

3) Nice size bathroom

4) Each room has an outside balcony with a view of Pattaya Bay.

5) Restaurant on the top floor (27th) is all glassed in and serves very good food. Very nice place to take a companion for a drink or dinner.

6) One of the only hotels that has a glass elevator. Most of the Thai ladies have never ridden in a glass elevator.

7) Good air conditioning that can stay on with the room key.

8) Very nice pool area on the 5th floor that is never crowded and has a beautiful view of Pattaya Bay.

9) An exercise room with different types of equipment.

10) Nice staff.

11) Quiet.

12) Very close to several money exchange booths

13) Many restaurants very close by

14) The hotel is only seperated from the beach by the width of Beach Road

15) Very close to Big C

I stay every year for about a month.

Mr. Viking:

Question: Were you intoxicated? Seems quite queer that someone would enter your room while your are sleeping, unless they saw you really pissed, prior to entering your room.

Rockin'

Check out www.skytoppattaya.com cheap guest house with in room safe. I've stayed there many times and it's good value for the money. Located on 2nd Road about 50 meters from soi 6. I'm staying there from 6 September thru 21 September.

Djezus Vikingprince, while your sleeping!

I've stayed always in the hotels of the Sabai group during my holidays since the beginning. I think you're right that a member of staff was involved. Did you go to the police and made a complain by the managers or owner of the hotel (Family business). I think they become very angry when they hear about your situation, i know some of family members/owners, they serious want to run a good save Hotel.

I'm curious how they settle your complain.

Theft in a Sabai hotel was for me unthinkable.

In answer to cheshire tom's remarks, yes i had a drink but not really pissed because i had to get up early the next morning for a fishing trip, also the doors at the sabai wing do not have the push button on the inside handle. When the door closes it is automatically locked. :clueless

To answer P.Gs comments.

I did not get the police involved because as i said before, i have stayed there before many times and have always been treated with the utmost kindness from the staff. They are always friendly, polite and helpfull.

I reported it to reception in the morning hoping they could sort the matter internally.

It is worth noting that after 11pm the reception is staffed by males only.

Could be one of them look at guests coming back and asking for their door key, looking like they've been drinking, and could be easy prey.

As i said, another guest made a similar report of someone opening their door during the night which seems to point at a member of staff with access to a master key.

Just a bit dissapointed that i have heard nothing from the hotel since, not even an appology.

Could be one of them look at guests coming back and asking for their door key, looking like they've been drinking, and could be easy prey.

Could be, so the best idea is to keep the door key with you and to go back to your room through the car park on Soi 2. That way you won't be seen by either reception.

It's not just hotels where you have to be careful. I had someone enter my home last month while I was either napping or on this machine. They got my wallet and credit cards. Super quiet they didn't even alert my dog. :clueless

It's not just hotels where you have to be careful. I had someone enter my home last month while I was either napping or on this machine. They got my wallet and credit cards. Super quiet they didn't even alert my dog. :ang2

I think it's time to get a new dog. Any dog that can't hear or smell an intruder is worthless

I always carry a rubber door stop, you know , the wedge shaped thing that you stick at the bottom of the door. Wedge it under the door for added security. Of course, if you are out of the room there's not much you can do, that's why it's always best to stash valuables in the safe.

It's look nice !

Any price for january ?

Just had a reply regarding a booking for October,reads as follows.

Daily rate 850Bht

Monthly rate 21,500 bht but linen only changed weekly.

It's up to you of course,I said no way!

A true shame, I have stayed at the Sabai Wing 4 or 5 times and obviously like it.

Good decision to keep the wallet/cash/passport in the safe even w/o a girl.

If you are serious about hotel recs, the comporable places in my book are:

. Bella Villa Prima

. Areca

. Sandy Spring

And hopefully the place I am trying for the frst time this Nov, Best Beach Villa on soy 5 (my reason for looking around is that they keep rasing the rates at the Sabai).