Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I have used both Mr. Toom and Mr. T.

Mr. T. is less expensive and the cars I have ridden in are nicer.

However, I had a situation where I missed my flight (voluntarily) then mailed him of my change - all OK. On another time I was offered a faster flight at my tokyo stopover, meaning I would arrive 4 hours early to BKK. With only 7 hours to go I emailed Mr. Toom of the fact that my trip was suddenly accelerated. I crossed my fingers and hoped he would get it. Sure enough he was there at the airport. Mr. Toom gets an excellent rating from me for being flexible and responsive to email.

Zeus

Edited by Zeus
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we used Mr Toom's service since 2005 for many times and he was always in time on the airport or on the condo or hotel to drive to Patts.

have already made my reservation for next week; arribal in the evening and I am sure he will be wait on the airport. Great service nice clean cars.

Len

Just used Mr Toom service again this week. Called him Monday afternoon for a 4:30 AM pick up from the Sandy Spring on Wednesday morning to the BKK airport.

Was checking out of the hotel a little after 4:00 AM and the car arrived early as always. Nice newer car, driven by a cute girl. Pleasent ride to the airport. First thing she did after arriving at the airport was go and get one of the luggage cart for me on her own.

Great service.

LeoTex

• 2 weeks later...
I used these guys 3times and never had a problem. The 2nd time they waited 2hours as my plane was late.

That was big with me, the fact Toom wait almost two 2hrs. I finally got my bags from the carrousel and headed for the airport exit and there was my driver holding a sign with my name on it :D . Welcome relief to see. He took my bag out of my hand and we were in pattaya in a little over an hour. This was around 2am.

I've used both Mr T and Mr Toom, I lean toward Mr T because it's cheaper and they're based in Pattaya, so the drivers know their way around. And if I'm heading the other way, it doesn't matter if they don't know Bangkok because I'm just going to the airport.

Mr Toom took me to the airport on Friday. Brand new large car, very good driver.... he arrived perfectly on time.

For the return trip I used an official airport taxi... from the Thai Airways end of the airport. It was 1500 baht inclusive of tolls and the 50 baht surcharge. That's 300 more than Mr Toom is charging. It was a fairly new powerful car, and again the driver was very good, maintaining about 120km without any crazy moves.

• 1 year later...
Mr. Toom services are always great and nobody can beat their services in pattaya. Their services are available for all hours whether it is day or night and is only 1000 baht from airport and 900 back to airport and even the car they use are great.

You have quoted Mr T's prices not Mr Toom's prices.

I've used both Mr T and Mr Toom, I lean toward Mr T because it's cheaper and they're based in Pattaya, so the drivers know their way around. And if I'm heading the other way, it doesn't matter if they don't know Bangkok because I'm just going to the airport.

I lean towards Mr T because he turns up whereas Mr Toom does not

I lean towards Mr T because he turns up whereas Mr Toom does not

I just read my post here from January 2008 when I backed Mr Toom but not any more. I think it was the next trip that he left me high and dry at the hotel for my ride back to the airport. Also the last time he (Mr Toom) guy picked me up at the airport had a old beat up raggy car and we also had to go to some desk before we could go out to the car park way at one end of the airport. Not sure what that was all about.

Even after I called him and he said sorry and would have a new driver at the hotel in 15 minutes. That never happened and after telling me that, I think he turned off both of his phones.

Have used Mr T now for 5 trips and will use him again next month to pick me up at the BKK airport and take me to Pattaya.

LeoTex

I just read my post here from January 2008 when I backed Mr Toom but not any more. I think it was the next trip that he left me high and dry at the hotel for my ride back to the airport. Also the last time he (Mr Toom) guy picked me up at the airport had a old beat up raggy car and we also had to go to some desk before we could go out to the car park way at one end of the airport. Not sure what that was all about.

Even after I called him and he said sorry and would have a new driver at the hotel in 15 minutes. That never happened and after telling me that, I think he turned off both of his phones.

Have used Mr T now for 5 trips and will use him again next month to pick me up at the BKK airport and take me to Pattaya.

LeoTex

Yep Mr T is the guy.

aloha,

arriving late, and wanting a taxi from the new airport straight to pattaya.....anyone ever use mr toom?

i often feel a bit uncomfortable late at night on the taxi ride from the airport to the hotel when i am on my own. i remember the rumors back in the 90's about some guys dissappearing soon after they got into the airport taxi.

has anyone ctually used mr toom? does he personally drive? or does he farm out his runs? how are his english skills? any pull for prices at hotels in pattaya?

i appreciete any comments, eric

I use Mr. Toom all the time -- six years, at least. Never a problem.

I thought Mt Toom was based in Pattaya?

Well perhaps that was just one of his drivers who told me he lived pretty close to the old house.

I have used Mr T man many times and always reliable.

Always email (mr_ttaxi@hotmail.com) him a week before departue he always confirms and I have never had a problem with him,.

Pick up is always exactly on time.

100% recommendation from me.