Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

First time to Pattaya advice needed

Where would be the best place to stay for a first timer to Pattaya. I would like to pay about 1000+ baht per night low season for a girl friendly hotel and would like to be within walking distance of the nightlife. Any ideas?

I've stayed at the Pig & Whistle, Eastany and Flipper Lodge. All good hotels right on soi 7 or 8. Good location and in your price range. BTW girl friendly. :bigsmile:

This is a loaded question. Which area are you looking to be within walking distance of? Soi 2, Soi 6, Soi 7, Walking Street??? What do you consider walking distance? I myself look for a place in the Soi Diana, Soi Buakhao, Soi LK Metro area because of the reasonably central location. Then again I don't mind walking 20-30 minutes to get somewhere if need be. You will find few TGs willing to walk more than 5 minutes or walk someplace that they do not have a direct line of sight to.

I think no matter where you stay you will find yourself using the baht bus more frequently than not as they are cheap and run frequently on the main roads.

I like the area around Soi Buakhao, Soi Metro to, but i do not think it is important in which area you

stay in as a first timer, since it will take you two days to find out how to come where.

Soi 7 or 8 would have been "To much" for the first time for me and even now it is to much

"hello sexy man".

Edited by THFC

I suggest you don't get in the thick of things on the first trip (but up to you). It really is sensory overload no matter where you go, but some places are worse (better?) than others. Walking street will be loud all night. Soi 6 is like swimming with the sharks. Anywhere you go will be easily reached by either walking 15 minutes or taking a cheap baht bus. Soi Diana is about in the middle and off the main drag of 2nd road. Perhaps that is the ideal location. BJ bar right across the street, and go go as well. I beleive Eden Club is to open in Soi Metro by December? All in all a nice and still developing Soi. Low season is a plus for you. you might get the Areca at your price range? Hard to say, really. Different strokes and all that.... Good luck!

Have stayed in Residence Garden in Sept. Highly recommended and no problem with girls.

Less than 15 minutes walk to the FLB area of Walking St.

Buffet dinner is also very good and a great price.

If I ever get back to LOS then it is the place for me.

Personally I take a tent (capacity- one man two women) and I camp out on Pattaya beach, I leave all my stuff in the tent... but dont worry i have a padlock on my suitcase and a busy sign on the front of the tent so people think i am in.

This way i save on fare and the girl behaves because she knows the local gang of dogs are outside waiting for her. I get great service off the ladyboys, at 3.00 am in the morning they offer to help me carry my wallet.. but the poor LB's seem to loose it, they are so clumsy..

Sometimes I break into a police box and get some kip there, its also great for a short time room. This also saves me money.

Personally I take a tent (capacity- one man two women) and I camp out on Pattaya beach, I leave all my stuff in the tent... but dont worry i have a padlock on my suitcase and a busy sign on the front of the tent so people think i am in.

This way i save on fare and the girl behaves because she knows the local gang of dogs are outside waiting for her. I get great service off the ladyboys, at 3.00 am in the morning they offer to help me carry my wallet.. but the poor LB's seem to loose it, they are so clumsy..

Sometimes I break into a police box and get some kip there, its also great for a short time room. This also saves me money.

Its best not to bother with the tent. Just get a large suitcase. Get the LBs to look after it for you when your not there.

If you bring a girl back, just make sure she is a spinner and less than 45kgm or you may not be able to shut the lid. :clueless

The White Inn is a good and cheap place to stay.Last time i was there i payed about $16 us.It is about 1 block from beach road and the pier.From the pier you go straight up the road one block and turn right and is just down on your right.It is girl friendly and close to the action.