Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Have been trying to secure reservations through Sawadee.com and others. Keep getting the response that january rates not in yet and can not confirm. What's up with this? Does anyone know of hotel(s) with prices posted yet? much obliged.

:D

Tengotodo,

E-mail the hotel direct, I find in Thailand there is rarely much of a discount using internet sites such as sawadee.com etc.

Use google.com to search the hotel website if you don't already know it.

I also find that by booking early direct with the hotel you avoid any price increase that the hotel may have later in the year when they realease their new prices to the web sites. Some smaller hotels can be difficult to get a room at once the internet prices are released, so to me it is better getting in earlier to enure you get a room of your first choice..

onelilley.

Took your advice and emailed Areca. Got the following response:

"I confirm you the booking with a standard rooms 1 big bed @ 1,490Baht, check-in 01/01/08**check-out 11/01/08.

I request advance deposit 3,000Baht, please print out the attachment form and I would be grateful if you could complete them and by return fax or e-mail. Then I will reconfirm the booking ASAP.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

DEAR"

1500 Baht is getting up there and I'm not inclined to pay that much. I realize Jan 2008 is high season, but 1500B is too steep for this place, IMOP. I'll try the Sabaii Inn.

Tengotodo,

Check sabainn.com, you will pay 1450 baht for that period anyway.

My choice at time of year for areca vs sabai inn would be areca. I like the area of soi diana and convenience of having the pool. In saying that, sabai inn is a good hotel and soi 2 area is nice for a change.

onelilley.

Took your advice and emailed Areca. Got the following response:

"I confirm you the booking with a standard rooms 1 big bed @ 1,490Baht, check-in 01/01/08**check-out 11/01/08.

I request advance deposit 3,000Baht, please print out the attachment form and I would be grateful if you could complete them and by return fax or e-mail. Then I will reconfirm the booking ASAP.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

DEAR"

1500 Baht is getting up there and I'm not inclined to pay that much. I realize Jan 2008 is high season, but 1500B is too steep for this place, IMOP. I'll try the Sabaii Inn.

hi there ,

in january 2007 it was 1700 b a night at the areca lodge , so id say theyve offered you a decent price.