Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

building a house in Issam

Gary,

I have been traveling to Thailand now for 11 years, also have been watching these boards for a couple years and know that no matter what you ask here, you are going to get a lot of BS and have to sift through all of that for the 2 or 3 jewels that are hidden inside. I do appreciate several responses and because of those, it made my post worthwhile. Thanks guys...even the masses with the idiotic replies....have fun in LOS.

Gary,

I have been traveling to Thailand now for 11 years, also have been watching these boards for a couple years and know that no matter what you ask here, you are going to get a lot of BS and have to sift through all of that for the 2 or 3 jewels that are hidden inside. I do appreciate several responses and because of those, it made my post worthwhile. Thanks guys...even the masses with the idiotic replies....have fun in LOS.

Right you are. This board seems to be infested with social misfits who promptly start insulting and squabbling with each other no matter what the topic of the thread might be. Rather than simply offering counterpoints or their own opinion or experience on the subject, they prefer to attack those who's experience or opinions differ from their own.

I suppose it might qualify as good fun and entertainment for some, but it gets tiring pretty quickly.

Kudos to you for not being drawn into the petty personal attacks (I cannot say the same for myself on occasion) and for staying focused on gleaning the pertinent information.

Strong work.

(bigbudchugger) Right you are. This board seems to be infested with social misfits
Yes, like people who fly half way around the world to pay for sex!

I live in the boonies of Loei province. I have been up here for about three years. I have bought two small farms for my wife plus a building lot very near our home. My wife now has more than 20 rai and she can earn a decent living from that 20 rai after I am gone. Her folks have earned a living from a 10 rai farm all their lives. The reason I am telling you this is because I have seen farangs come up here and build 3 and 4 million baht homes for girls who have lived in homes built on stilts for all their lives. I live in my wife's home and have invested CONSIDERABLY less in farmland than the farangs who fell in love and wanted to impress neighbors and family by building a huge home. I can show you five homes very near where we live that have been built by farangs who were in heat. The farangs who built these beautiful homes are LONG gone. My marriage could turn to shit too, but I have not spent more than I can afford to walk away from. Why does a girl who has lived in a tin roofed shack all her life need a mansion and why do stupid farangs want to build them? They build these huge homes, the family moves in with them and everything turns to shit. My wife can move family members in with us if she wants, it's her house, BUT she knows that I will be headed back to the farang ghetto with or without her. Some guys like and can accept Thai style family living but not me. My privacy is important to me and I refuse to give it up. If my wife had had children she wouldn't have ever been my wife. I'm a selfish crotchety old fuck and that's the way I am.

I live in the boonies of Loei province. I have been up here for about three years. I have bought two small farms for my wife plus a building lot very near our home. My wife now has more than 20 rai and she can earn a decent living from that 20 rai after I am gone. Her folks have earned a living from a 10 rai farm all their lives. The reason I am telling you this is because I have seen farangs come up here and build 3 and 4 million baht homes for girls who have lived in homes built on stilts for all their lives. I live in my wife's home and have invested CONSIDERABLY less in farmland than the farangs who fell in love and wanted to impress neighbors and family by building a huge home. I can show you five homes very near where we live that have been built by farangs who were in heat. The farangs who built these beautiful homes are LONG gone. My marriage could turn to shit too, but I have not spent more than I can afford to walk away from. Why does a girl who has lived in a tin roofed shack all her life need a mansion and why do stupid farangs want to build them? They build these huge homes, the family moves in with them and everything turns to shit. My wife can move family members in with us if she wants, it's her house, BUT she knows that I will be headed back to the farang ghetto with or without her. Some guys like and can accept Thai style family living but not me. My privacy is important to me and I refuse to give it up. If my wife had had children she wouldn't have ever been my wife. I'm a selfish crotchety old fuck and that's the way I am.
Lot of sense there Gary... the last thing I want is her relatives with us..apart from the odd 1 or 2 days a year :bigsmile: It's hard enough keeping the TGF away from the Thai style of living. I have already alienated a couple of her friends who came over for a few hours and stopped for dinner. They can't seem to control their kids and certainly don't take well to my suggested improvements! :bigsmile: