Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hey im coming to pattaya with my son whos 16 nearly 17 in a few weeks and i want to go to the bars and clubs with me, get him a lapdance lol buy him a beer and i was just wondering should ther be any problems, ive heard people say that in pattaya there is a drinking law but its not really taken into account. And 16 year olds can get into these gogo bars. So yes if anyone has any info would be greatly appreciaited, thanks guys!

Does he look like he's 16?

Wish my Pops would've taken me to Pattaya when I was 16... :banana

The drinking age in Thailand is 20. Generally it is only applied to Thai people and I have seen plenty of 16 year old farangs being served in go go bars. Technically it is illegal and if someone made an issue of it both your son and the bar could be in trouble. Most unlikely though.

yeh yeh, he looks 16, i herd most visitors to pattaya get away with it?

I love gogo bars and I have a 15 year old son.But I will definitely not be taking my son to a gogo bar before he is at least 18.I am definitely not a prude but I just think it has the potential to fuck up the thinking of young people.

Pattaya Pete is right (as always) but I think you should think hard about what you are doing.

Pattaya is an unreal place and can have a real effect upon people's lives. I know plenty of people who simply see life back in England (or wherever) as an annoying interruption to their life in Pattaya. Some of these guys don't even go out at home, they work all the hours God sent and save their money to come over here. Don't get me wrong, I'm a bar owner and they are great customers, but I worry that their lives have been effected to much.

Obviously, as a parent, the decision is yours - but consider what it might do to your son. I remember a boy - about the same age, he had a Bar Girl as a girlfriend (about 6 years older than him) - didn't want to go home, gave up school and tried to train in My Thai. Wouldn't want that to happen to my son.

By the way, he will also get mobbed by the girls and may hate the whole experience.

My son came over when he was 18. He was initially really put off. We paid for him to get laid (Anna arranged it) but after that one night she kept coming round to his room early in the morning. Anna had to read the girl the riot act and told her to piss off. This girl was 28, had been working 10-12 years and was serious hard core. He said she was great in bed (he was a virgin) - but not someone we wanted him to get involved with!

Please don't think I'm getting all holy on you - I am, after all a whoremonger - just my own experience.

Edited by PeterP

Pattaya is unlike any other place on the globe, I would not recomend taking a 16 year old, I was very forward at 16 but had I gone to Pattaya I would have been terrified, take him to Benidorm or somewhwere until he's a little older.