Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 608 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

house rental price advice

soi 29 , 3rd rd, nr fire station

3 bed townhouse (or 2 bed + 1 office)

3 toilets

no garden . parking a little awkward as well

15,000 bath / month ..

does that sound ok ? or OTT ?

Friend of mine has a house on "the Dark Side" for 14000 Baht a month for a 2 bedroom.....he says he could have got another across the road cheaper....

Lord Flash is in the business...why not contact him for a bit of advice....

Im sure if you bought him a few drinks he would give you unbiased advice....

You have to remember that opinions are like assholes....everybody has one..

At the end of the day...your opinion is the one that counts

Friend of mine has a house on "the Dark Side" for 14000 Baht a month for a 2 bedroom.....he says he could have got another across the road cheaper....

Lord Flash is in the business...why not contact him for a bit of advice....

Im sure if you bought him a few drinks he would give you unbiased advice....

You have to remember that opinions are like assholes....everybody has one..

At the end of the day...your opinion is the one that counts

My advice would be to never use any rental agent. He represents the owner and tries to get him the highest price and therefore the highest commission. 14,000 or 15,000 does sound high. Perhaps a falang price. Have a Thai lady or man friend contact the woner and get a price for you before you are ever seen. Just my opinion and yes opinions are like..................!

soi 29 , 3rd rd, nr fire station

3 bed townhouse (or 2 bed + 1 office)

3 toilets

no garden . parking a little awkward as well

15,000 bath / month ..

does that sound ok ? or OTT ?

Hard to be sure without seeing the place. Certainly sounds 'about' right. For certain you could get more bang for your buck on the other side of Sukhumvit. I have a bit of a garden, parking, but only 2br/1bath, separate house for 15k, fully furnished....fully!. But spacewise it is all I need....me and her can't occupy 3 bathrooms at once. I would like to know more about my neighbours too before moving into a townhouse.

You pay a premium for being closer to town. I'd be tempted to take a look around at midnight too, there might be a Karaoke nearby or other nightime pests.

Edited by jacko

I think I know that house. I enquired about the price a few months ago, and 15,000 was more than I wanted to pay. The house next door rents for 10,000 and looks nicer, but some guy books it every year for 6 months, so no good to me. Anyway, I think the location is excellent, so if you don't mind paying that much, go for it. I finally got what I wanted close by, 3 bedroom house for 12,000 so I am now happy.

:bow

Spidey.

• 4 weeks later...

I have just rented a townhouse on this side of Suk. in Jomtien, near Tesco/Lotus.

It has open plan living room, small kitchen area and toilet downstairs. Upstairs is 2 large bedrooms with balcony's and a bathroom.

Outside is covered car parking are and gates. Also has large underground storage tank for water.

Rental is 10,000 baht per month but if paid 1 year up front it would be 9,000 per month. I chose the 10,000 option.

House has Cable TV included!

Chris

I have just rented a townhouse on this side of Suk. in Jomtien, near Tesco/Lotus.

It has open plan living room, small kitchen area and toilet downstairs. Upstairs is 2 large bedrooms with balcony's and a bathroom.

Outside is covered car parking are and gates. Also has large underground storage tank for water.

Rental is 10,000 baht per month but if paid 1 year up front it would be 9,000 per month. I chose the 10,000 option.

House has Cable TV included!

Chris

Chris could I get more details like a phone number please.

Thanks

Around Soi Khaotalo you can get small town houses for about 8/9k and a detached 2/3 bed 2 bath place with large living room, gardens on all sides with wide streets and covered off road parking at about 15k per month. I know, I live in one !

Around Soi Khaotalo you can get small town houses for about 8/9k and a detached 2/3 bed 2 bath place with large living room, gardens on all sides with wide streets and covered off road parking at about 15k per month. I know, I live in one !

How does one find Soi Khaotalo Torrenova?

• 2 weeks later...
I keep hearing the term "dark side" What does that refer to?
The area on the other side of Sukhumvit. A phrase coined by BM kolobos in an effort to make it sound enticing, and get people in his bar! :o