Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 292 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

got back from my first trip to pattaya earlier this month, had a terrific holiday. i'm looking to get back mid december for approx 3 weeks. unfortunately flight prices are quite expensive. i was wondering if any of you regular xmas travellers think prices will come down later in the year. any info appreciated ta!

got back from my first trip to pattaya earlier this month, had a terrific holiday. i'm looking to get back mid december for approx 3 weeks. unfortunately flight prices are quite expensive. i was wondering if any of you regular xmas travellers think prices will come down later in the year. any info appreciated ta!

Hi.

I would not hold to much hope of that my friend, it is the one time of the

year where airlines can make a bit of Money.

Even in July and August it has been difficult to find flights under £700

September and October they are much cheaper, i have my flights departs

14th October at £429, although i am thinking of going to pattaya Xmas 2008

but will go end of November until end of January should be able to get a

flight for about £450.

for the busy christmas period i dont think they will drop,

i booked my thai air business class trip from london for 1900 pounds (booked in march) and now

for the same flight they want 5378 pounds (today), they are taking the piss.

700 pounds is around the average at the moment in economy and that is pretty reasonable i think

For my first trip to Thailand in April 2006 I paid around £450 booking less than two months in advance, direct with Thai airways.

I wanted to go back for the December 2006 period for the weekend just before Christmas to new years day. As this is a quiet period at work. Despite looking in August and September I could not find any indirect/direct flights less than £700.

Eventually I gave up and booked in early October for a non-direct flight with Gulf Air for £850 for the weekend before Christmas Sat 23 Dec to 1st Jan.

This year I looked earlier this month and the cheapest flight for the same period was just over £700 indirect. I decided to book now rather than wait.

The peak summer holiday month (August) and December - January are times when the airlines jack up the prices even months in advance of the flight time because they know people are eager to get away in those months.

I booked LHR-BKK-LHR out 13-Dec, in 30-Dec on Eva Air for £477. The way airfares are this year I thought that was an excellent price and booked it as soon as it came up. I booked with Major Travel.

GR.

Edited by GlynRhedyn
I booked LHR-BKK-LHR out 13-Dec, in 30-Dec on Eva Air for £477. The way airfares are this year I thought that was an excellent price and booked it as soon as it came up. I booked with Major Travel. :D

GR.

That is agood price, where people get stiffed is flying out from 21/22/23 and retruning on the 4/5/6 Jan

It can be a 14 day trip using 7 days leave so you always pay 830 + for a direct flight, you get back a day before new years eve but its agreat price.

enjoy

Highest prices for airline tickets are generally in summer and over Xmas/new Years. All the kids from Asia who are going to school in UK, Canada and USA are returning for their vacations.

Also, oil just hit 78USD per barrel yesterday! Don't think prices will be coming down.

I got a cheap flight for Xmas-New Year two years ago, booking in December, But I was lucky.

Can be done if you choose flights in the wee small hours.

But you still gotta find a hotel. :thumbup

Hi,my wife and i always fly with etihad airways for around £450,great flights and very good service,if you join etihad club you can also get discounts the more you fly with them,we always go economy class. :bigsmile:

A very good choice my friend i also use Etihad an excellent airline.

etihad are ok...been with them once before due to the price.....fly with them again in sept. qatar are my fav and booked mt 1st business with them at xmas after years of suffering economy....£1450 in may, but there up to 2k for the same flight now....madness

etihad are ok...been with them once before due to the price.....fly with them again in sept. qatar are my fav and booked mt 1st business with them at xmas after years of suffering economy....£1450 in may, but there up to 2k for the same flight now....madness

If you are travelling Qatar biz class it's worth originating the flight in BKK rather the UK end. Generally available at around 76k Baht and 66k Baht (incl taxes) on some dates.

Book on their website ...... ticket is an e-ticket so no problem with addresses/residency.

Edited by CheshireTom