Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hello all....

need some help/advice...I'll be in Pattaya from the 10th December for a week (this will be my first visit)...so i was thinking of staying at Queen Vic on Soi 6 but now i'm thinking maybe it'll be to close to the action and maybe somewhere like Flipper Lodge etc will be better (though a little more expensive)..

I just can't make my mind up DAMIT so any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Row

You asked too late as I am now in Narita. Ill be back in Sep so if no one else gives you an answer PM me and Ill get you the name and any info if they have any available.

Check out Sky-Top around the corner from soi 6 on 2nd Road. Clean, in room safe, AC,TV and fridge. Good value for the money. Price from 400 to 700 per night. www.skytopcenterpattaya.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Any info on this hotel?

Walked by yesterday and the sign is still up saying open in October but no firm date. I'll be here until mid October and I'll give you an update. PM me if you don't hear anything from me by the 10th as my memory isnt what it use to be.

The Queen Vic is RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ACTION OF SOI 6 <grin . The ladies are VERY PERSISTENT and POSSESIVE so walking back to your Hotel will be an adventure. Chants of "handsome man" and "I go home with you", women grabbing you trying to get you in their bar and dissapointed "short-timers" ANGRY :ang2 that you didn't pick them a second time. I like to "BUTTERFLY" and some Thai women don't like that. If you are a newbie to Thailand this street can be VERY OVERWHELMING 1luv . Because there are sooo many women and sooo many bars and sooo little time also be careful Soi 6 is full of katoeys <huh . which is o.k if you are into that . But be calm an courteous when dealing with them remember...they were men at one time. I'm sure you will have a GREAT :clap2 time...GOOD LUCK :chogdee

Beware also that late at night the lady boys can become voracious.

Slim pickings during the day only serves to make them bold and as night falls they will wander further away from the confines of the Blue Hawaii and Hi! Boss pubs in their forage for prey.....they will soon figure out that you have your own place on the Soi and be keen on turning it into some kind of 'short time' room.

Edited by Sybarite
queen vic looks reasonable, cheap as hell, but as you say too close maybe

http://www.queenvicpattaya.com/Rooms.htm

its really down to you and your attitude to noise/nightlife but soi 6 shouldn't

be too bad at night i guess.

The noise from Soi 6 finishes around midnight, and it's after midday before the Soi comes alive again.

I have stopped at the Queen Vic on 3 trips already. I love the spot. But on my very first night there (June 06) there was a Karaoke set up on the street outside and I thought I had made a mistake booking a there, but shortly after midnight suddenly the Soi went quiet and I could sleep soundly :thumbup

The ladyboys on Soi 6 try to ambush late at night, but if you have a companion for the night the will leave you alone.

I have a room booked at the QV for 4 weeks in Nov/Dec, and I think there are one or two other boardies stopping there as well :wanker

I have stayed in the queen vic, rooms are nice, the guy who owns it is really helpfull, always asks if everything is ok and is there anything he can do to help. its good that you can use the back door for a quiet exit, or go the front way and walk into madness :clueless

I call in each trip and see vic the owner, last time i visited he showed me the new rooms he has, nice rooms and at a nice price.

I would also take a look at Sabai Inn, and Sabai lodge on Soi 2, they are at the quiet end of the soi, but really handy on the baht bus route.

Edited by newbie34

Sabai Inn and the Sabai Lodge are great places to stay. I never had a problem when staying there. I normally get a room back by the dolphin pool at the Sabai Lodge. You are right down the street from one of the malls and you have some pit bars at the end of the street that have a lot of pretty girls. <grin