Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Reqs needed for 1500 baht range, walk-in shower...

Howdy ... planning my second trip to pattaya and I'm exploring different accomodations from before. (I'm a hotel butterfly)

The particulars ...

I am planning to arrive around feb 11 or thereabouts. (Flights not yet booked) Staying for 2 weeks

Must Haves:

Good bathroom. Walk in shower, or decent sized enclosed shower. NO TUBS WITH ABOVE SHOWER. This is the priority requirement for me and it's hard to research.

Good aircon and ample natural light. (I have really bad S.A.D. I can't stay in dark rooms)

English speaking staff. I have been to Thailand a few times and can follow a heavily accented english, but I don't speak thai at all.

1-2 minutes stroll to a convenient baht bus loop that can get you to BigC on one end or walking street on the other. From their I can make my way.

No more than 1600 baht per day. I will pay a little more if it fits me perfect.

No joiner fee for 1 "casual guest" ... fee for extra guests after that is fine

Elevator or no more than 2 flights of stairs to my room. (No 5th floor penthouses)

Needs to be either quiet or beach road convenient. I'm willing to trade one for the other.

Optional:

Pool, balcony, and/or decent view

Stretching out space ... ideally with a small cushy sofa or other non-bed lounging option

Wifi or cabled ethernet ... I don't mind paying for it

I have been doing internet searches for the last few days and have sent emails off to many of the usual suspects (Flipper, Sabai, etc). Most places don't have pictures of their bathrooms at all. Need your help finding the smaller places that may not have much web presence or good bathroom pictures.

For example Rabbi's Elephant hotel has a bathroom layout that I like and a great location that I'm familiar with, but I'd like to find something a little nicer overall. (Found pictures and review on p-a forum site)

Please include web address and/or email address I can use to ask them questions etc. I prefer to work directly with the hotel and not use an online booking system if I can. At least not until I've corresponded with the hotel first.

Thanks for help

Pattaya Bay Resort has everything you listed except the sofa in their basic rooms, but may very well have one in their next level up, which may still average out to less than or right at your THB 1,500.

~ Pen

Residence Garden might do the trick.

I'm going to try out the Pinewood Residences ... I got a decent rate for their biggest apartment .. with the Sauna (silly idea for a sauna, but the place seems ok otherwise)

Edited by akoybobo
I'm going to try out the Pinewood Residences ... I got a decent rate for their biggest apartment .. with the Sauna (silly idea for a sauna, but the place seems ok otherwise)

Keeper had a sauna room at the Pinewood for a while. You might want to ask him for details.

What rate did you get? I'm considering staying there next Feb.

Pinewood looks really nice and very reasonable now compared to say Areca Lodge season prices...

Being usually accompanied by at least 2 guests I spotted this little clause:

Rates are for Tenancy (as indicated) sharing existing bedding and subject to additional Tenancy charge (Bht 300) for each additional person(s) thereafter.

and with Pattaya Bay it's seemingly Bht 500?

Anyone had any experience taking MORE than ONE girl back to EITHER and being charged an extra 'joiner fee' ? I presume this would onlu be if they are overnight anyways not just 'friends in room?'

Pattaya Bay also says:

A 500.00 baht per night refundable security deposit is required upon check-in.

So this is per day of your stay you have to stump up in advance?? anyone done this and what results did you get, was it ok getting it back or is this only for one night?

Edited by Agent09
What rate did you get? I'm considering staying there next Feb.

I was originally quoted 1900 for two weeks starting feb 11 ... I counter offered 1600 baht and they accepted that.

On their website they have a link to make them an offer so a little haggling is a must there.

Pattaya Bay also says:

A 500.00 baht per night refundable security deposit is required upon check-in.

So this is per day of your stay you have to stump up in advance?? anyone done this and what results did you get, was it ok getting it back or is this only for one night?

I stayed there for all of August and put down a 10K deposit. It wasn't an issue getting the balance back.

I'm booked there for a few weeks in January and was quoted a 3K deposit.

In both cases, this was due upon arrival and put on a CC. I never worry about these deposits, because if there's any fishy business, my bank will take care of it.

Stayed in the Eastiny Plaza (brand new in soi 8) last week, and it has everything in your wish list, lovely big airy light rooms, big showers and wired internet. It is very girl friendly, and was 1120bt per night, although think this was an opening special, think the list price may be nearer 1600 includes breakfast and internet.

Has a swimming pool on the 2nd floor and was nice to slay in a brand new facility.

Stayed in the Eastiny Plaza (brand new in soi 8) last week, and it has everything in your wish list, lovely big airy light rooms, big showers and wired internet. It is very girl friendly, and was 1120bt per night, although think this was an opening special, think the list price may be nearer 1600 includes breakfast and internet.

Has a swimming pool on the 2nd floor and was nice to slay in a brand new facility.

Maybe next time ... they have a website?