Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Look, I'm not much of a techie as you will now gather. I have a nokia mobile phone which I use in UK, but can I use it in Thailand? Or do I have to buy some sort of sim card. It is a work phone so I'm not much up on how it is billed, etc. as they take care of all that. I just use it at work and pay for my private calls. Or do I have to buy a phone when I get there?

Hi

If it is an unlocked phone that can be used on any network, it will work in Thailand. You can buy a pay as you go Sim card locally very cheaply and use it. When you buy the simcard, the person selling it will usually set up the credit on the phone for you if you ask politley.

I have a Nokia with a Vodafone sim card in it - on the Pay as you go billing system. I can use it in Thailand but have to key in - *123#*+ first followed by the country code (66 for Thailand) and the number without the preceding zero. I'm charged something like 75p per minute for calls received and something ludicrous when I make calls. I don't use it much but it's handy when I'm back in the UK.

A different company may have a different sequence to key in before the number so I would suggest checking with their help line in advance.

Alan

If you want to keep your job, dont just do nothing ie let your boss pick up your tab.

Get your phone "unlocked" in the UK, or you can have it done over here very cheaply.

Buy a Thai sim card again they are cheep.

You can then give your Thai girl friend (yes you will find one/or two) your Thai number to call you.

When you get home, swop the sim card for your UK one, and she/they will not be able to call you.

Could keep you out of a lot of trouble.

thechairman18

If you are paying the bill, don't use your UK sim card. It would be cheaper to buy an old Nokia 3100 or such. I got one here for £20. when you buy it tell them you want it unlocked. Go to LOS, you can get a sim for 50-90 bht. it will save a fortune. If you have mates with a Thai phone, they will not appreciate you calling them with a UK card in yours, it will drain their credit.

I always just get a sim-card for my UK phone when I go to Thailand. Even if they have to unlock it for you, it costs just a few hundred baht, and I finf the prices aare much cheaper than using your UK sim-card!

A good place for getting sim-cards is upstairs in the Big C (second road-not far from soi 6!), they have lots of 'phone stalls' there!

Benny27, first off get a thai sim, you will need one to swap numbers with the girls!! and its a much cheaper option than using your uk sim, then goto Tukcom at end Soi Bukow or Big C on 2nd road by Soi2 and get your phone unlocked, will only cost 500 ish baht for the unlock.