Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 168 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

business to invest in?

hi all

what do most expats do with there time & money.

i've been thinking of either buying some land up country and growing eucalyptus maybee.

or even (as suggested by the dragon) buy a small peice of land and build a factory and sell & make ice.

other thoughts have been a bar(lol well this thought went out the window 1st as don't here of many good tales)

. a shop selling god knows waht

in fact i'm wanting to invest in something so i can do something with my time ! any suggestions or anyone looking for a business partner ?

My capital (plus my works pension) provides the income on which I live. It also allows me to travel around South East Asia and occasionally further afield.

Do you have any business experience in the past? If not, I would think twice about trying to set something up. Whatever, as always, never invest more in any business than you can afford to lose.

Alan

I wouldn't grow eucalyptus contrary to what others may advise if you have any type environmental conscience . There are many more tree/timber spp that are equally quick growing that are native to the S.E Asia area that would be more valuable as fine woodworking timber such as red cedars and some of the teaks for example .

As a horticultalist / landscaper i can suggest many plants that are in demand in the horticultural industry and with free trade agreements it is now easier to export these plants. This industry is in its infancy now and is already being done and there are agents that will handle the shipping and quaritine requirements. In fact , i have always thought i may getting into that field myself at some stage. (A good excuse to travel between Oz and LOS more often). Plus there are the local markets and markets in surrounding countries if you didn't want to export to USA or Australia.

We are already buying leafless strelizias and many spp of plumerias that are grown in Thailand.

There would be considerations of security around your growing areas and it would be more "hands on" than other forms of just plant a tree crop and go away for several years and then come back to harvest as with eucalypyus.

These are only a few ideas that i have had. Feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss more .

If i thought you would invest my money properly and not spend it on Soi 6 i would go in with you on a business venture! :clap2

I guess i could always move to LOS so i could keep an eye on you......or atleast accompany you to Soi 6 as we plan our business venture!

Seriously though...if i thought something could work i would be interested.......maybe!

I have a business I have been considering in Pattaya and am looking for folks who have done business in Thailand before. If you are serious and want to sit down and talk, inbox me.

I will be in town 27 May.

But you can set up a company to own the land and you have control of the company.

This can be a bit dodgy, as it is against the spirit of the law - Remembert he crackdown on houses a while back using this?

This can be a bit dodgy, as it is against the spirit of the law - Remembert he crackdown on houses a while back using this?

depends very much on the breakdown of company shares if you get clamped down on .

39% farang /61% thai is perfectly alright and to my limited knowledge has never been investigated.

also i know i heard of the crackdown some time ago. but did anybody have problems with it or was it just another flash in the pan .

How many Thais you employ and how it contributes to the local economy and also if you don't infringe on any other Thais Business also comes into the equation.

There is also a list of banned ocupation in Thailand that I saw a few years back that included architect, knife maker, etc etc .

hi all

what do most expats do with there time & money.

i've been thinking of either buying some land up country and growing eucalyptus maybee.

or even (as suggested by the dragon) buy a small peice of land and build a factory and sell & make ice.

other thoughts have been a bar(lol well this thought went out the window 1st as don't here of many good tales)

. a shop selling god knows waht

in fact i'm wanting to invest in something so i can do something with my time ! any suggestions or anyone looking for a business partner ?

Have you thought of investing in a franchise?

You could begin learning to trade currency. You can demo for free for as long as u like. I have been in demo mode since Jul 07. It takes awhile to build the discipline but it can be very profitable.

Do you have any more info on this S6S?

I would also be very interested in your personal experience in making money trading currencies.

Cheers

LIA

Edited by LostInAmsterdam