Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Being from Tennessee and working in Iraq I sometimes have an urge for biscuits and gravy, southern style. Is this dish available in Pattaya/Jomtien anywhere?

I usually just cook it myself if I am not to hungover but sometimes a man just wants to be lazy.

Also, southern United States food? Are there any places aside from the New Orleans on Soi 13/4 that cook that type of food? The black-eyed peas there with cornbread is absolutely delicious. The cornbread could use some work but for Thailand it is excellent.

I've been going back and forth to Pattaya for years, and never found anyplace serving "SOS" as it's called in the military. (shit on a shingle). I would love to find biscuits and gravy.

You may have to get used to the English Breakfasts', with the pork and beans and tomatoes! Try Dave's breakfasts at Canterbury Tales on Soi Chaiyapoon.

Ok what is this shit "biscuits and gravy" please?

Sounds like crap to me, but hey I'm unedumencated in your yankee terms :D

OK I'm posting this to see what happens when I reach 1,000 posts, anything or nothing? :o

Ok I'm posting this to see what happens after I post 1,000 posts :)

Anything or nothing???

OK I'm posting this to see what happens when I reach 1,000 posts, anything or nothing?

Ok I'm posting this to see what happens after I post 1,000 posts :)

Anything or nothing???

Not fair MM 2guns

Ok what is this shit "biscuits and gravy" please?

It's gravy (real gravy, not Bisto) made with pork sausage, served over Southern (America) style biscuits.

It's gravy (real gravy, not Bisto) made with pork sausage, served over Southern (America) style biscuits.

mmm well I will try almost anything once, so if I ever get to sample the delight I'll let you know how it went down.

Cheers,

Kev

Whoaa Hooo finally made the big 1,000 - new super poster on board.

:allright :allright

Edited by Kev

I always thought that "shit on a shingle" was chipped beef (chopped and formed, very thin, sliced lunch meat stuff) mixed with gravy and served over a biscuit or a slice of bread???

Sausage gravy is similar, but made with chunks of pork sausage.

I always thought that "shit on a shingle" was chipped beef (chopped and formed, very thin, sliced lunch meat stuff) mixed with gravy and served over a biscuit or a slice of bread???

Sausage gravy is similar, but made with chunks of pork sausage.

From what I grew up with in Arkansas (I'm a hick...u wouldn't know it though) "shit on the shingles" is hamburger meat with a bit of gravy over white bread...ala "po folks" food.

Biscuits n gravy is exactly what Mr. probe describes. I personally like to add a bit of hot sauce to it.

Anybody have some sort of address on Tigglebitties as far as what bar or club it's close to and I'll check it out ASAP?

I'm not sure where Soi 17 3rd rd is relative Soi Diana

Oh, and Kev...if you're down with English food I don't see why you wouldn't love to try some biscuits n gravy. I'll try to sample the Pattaya stuff for ya and see if it's close to the real thing.

It's about the same to me as trying English food, because the only I've ever had was in Pattaya or Dubai, but not England

Edited by overseasplease

Many moons ago I had a friend from the south. His mom used to make biscuits and chocolate gravy. Every time I ate some I wanted to go back to sleep of course his sister was a cheerleader at John Sweat high school that I was dating. She eventually married my roommate years later. later...Doorman

Many moons ago I had a friend from the south. His mom used to make biscuits and chocolate gravy. Every time I ate some I wanted to go back to sleep of course his sister was a cheerleader at John Sweat high school that I was dating. She eventually married my roommate years later. later...Doorman

I've had chocolate bNg 1 time from a friend's mom. It was way better than I thought, but couldn't come close to the real thing. Have to say though...if I was boning a buddy's sister with the choco bng as a cover I'd do so all day long.

For the record...the best bng I've ever had was in the geedunk of AIMD in Whidbey Island, Washington state. That I believe being because I had a hangover about 97% of the days I came in and it was the best hangover cure...only if you added the hot sauce.

Edited by overseasplease

Growing up in Michigan and being an ex navy man myself, I would not have any idea what itishotiniraq is talking about! :wtf :wanker

On the other hand I recall one place that a friend of mine from the navy, (now living in Pattaya and loving good food), took me for lunch! It is a meat shop/butcher/restaurant owned by a british guy about 5-7 minutes down on the left hand of Jomtien beach road! :wanker :nod

I do not recall the name, :sorry but I am sure that someone on the board could help you with that! When we were there they had all kinds of great food and among other things they served pork sausage with biscuits and gravy. I don´t know if that was southern style, but Skip, my buddy loved it and said it was some of the best he ever had. Good luck, and take care! :thumbup

:moon

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...