Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Renaissance, metropole or sabai lodge ?

Hey guys

I want to book my hotel tonight via asiarooms and i have narrowed it down the 3 hotels mentioned.

What hotel would you go for ?

Are the rooms in the lk hotel's as good as they look on there website's ?

I want a smart modern room and a decent swimming pool.

The locations are good for me.

Im not fussed about the difference in price between them.

Opinions please :D

The Sabai Lodge has about 4 or 5 different buildings and about 10 different room types. Which ones are you comparing?

The Sabai wing is the more modern and very nice (you dont have to mix with the oiks) but the Dolphin or Ruen Thai cottages are fun with the pool on your doorstep. But a little dated and dark.

But both the Metropole and the Renaissance are newer and if I had the budget for those one or the other would be my choice. :D

Edited by Montydog

I stayed at the Metropole last year for a week and am returning next week to the Renaissance for my 3rd stay this year. The Renaissance is newer then the Metropole and I like the rooms better (good Internet speed and large Flat Screen TVs). The pool is small at the Renaissance but does the job.

I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite at the LK Metropole for a month. The room is nice. The location works. I am lazy so never made it to the pool. I really liked the balconies. All in all can't go wrong with the Metropole.

This December I decided to go back to the Sabai Resort to stay in their Ruen Thai Paradise room. It is a nice room with a private pool that only the Ruen Thai Paradise guests (about 15-20 rooms) can use. The pool is located in the center of a private court yard, just steps from the front door of each of the rooms. The rooms are nice, but not as nice the Metropole. I think the pool makes up for it. You can get Ruen THai Paradise rooms at www.agoda.com for 80 bucks a night...

I will echo the advice of another member: if you go with the Sabai Lodge-reserve a Sabai Wing room. I have stayed there and it is nicer/newer than the other parts of the hotel.

Can't go wrong with either of the above.

Good luck and enjoy!

Bambu

you should contact MM as the Metropol has had a problem recently with some kind of bug invasion and many guests have been complaining.

PM MM as he has been staying there until recently, he will know if the problem has been retified yet.

HI Tez. You have probably booked your room by now but my choice of the 3 would be the renaissance.

I prefer the renaissance over the metropole just for the reason that it's nearer to second road and the staff

are very friendly.The sabai lodge is ok but you must get a pricey room to get the same comfort.Why not

book into one for a few nights and then try all 3.