Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

MONKEYWATCH - January 2009

Greeting Monkeywatchers, and a Happy New Year to one and all (except for that bastard in the corner shop who short-changed me last week). Anyway, here we go again into another fun-packed year of merriment and mayhem.

As you all know unless you haven’t been paying attention in class, Thailand has yet another new Prime Minister. As one Thai chap enthusiastically proclaimed, “We change our Prime Ministers as often as we change our underwear”. So that would be about once a year then.

A Don’t Drink and Drive Parade was held on Beach Road just before Christmas to remind people of the perils they might face over the festive period. Banners were held aloft to persuade people not to drink and drive, unless of course they were using one of Thailand’s new hands-free drinking kits that allow imbibers to drink their bottle of whisky through a tube and thus keep both hands on the wheel and drive safely.

Not to be outdone by Italian and German supercars, Pattaya is proud to unveil its own 16-cylinder dream machine…

IMG_1331.JPG

There’s been a bit of a stir created by the revelation that there’s a lot of fake 1000 baht notes kicking about at the moment. One chap who was caught by police using them to buy a Rolex watch claimed he was innocent of any crime as the watch was fake as well. Both he and the vendor are currently helping police with their truncheon practice.

If you’ve made a New Year’s Resolution to learn to speak Thai, consider this. Do you really want to know that when your tilac was whispering sweet nothings in your ear she was actually saying “I hope they drop off and roll down a drain”.

You’d have to have bloody long arms to reach all the way up there…

IMG_1364.JPG

As usual, there’s been a few changes on the bar front. Bad Cats on Second Road has followed Ice Bar in giving up the Club Blu clone bit and is now known as the Fall In Love Club. Easyriders in North Pattaya has closed and is rumoured to be the new site for the popular U Too Bar. A new Go Go called Betty Boum has opened on the old Spicy Girls site on Pattayaland 1. Oh, and Walking Street has a new disco called Republica. Yeah, I thought you’d be pleased.

For anybody who’s interested, it’s been announced that the Pattaya International Mardi Gras Festival will be taking place on 23 January. For those unfamiliar with the event, it’s just another excuse for a bunch of poofs to dress up as women.

Pattaya continues to display its proud heritage with this exquisite sculpture of a girl riding on a cock…

IMG_1366.JPG

There’s been a few questions from newbies recently about how much spending money they need per day in Pattaya. Well, a ballpark figure is about 10,000 baht, which will probably be worth about £3000 by the time you read this, or £4000 if you’re a slow reader.

On Christmas Day, police attended a road accident in Jomtien in which the brakes on an ice truck had failed and it had ploughed into a Jeep laden with wine and a Mazda pickup carrying several crates of soda water. The police later described the condition of the ice truck’s brakes as a recipe for disaster and the resultant collision as a recipe for a spritzer.

be seeing you

monkeyman

:allright

There’s been a few questions from newbies recently about how much spending money they need per day in Pattaya. Well, a ballpark figure is about 10,000 baht

From what I have been reading on this and other forums and from my visits to LOS 10,000 baht @ day is way out of the ball park. :D

How did you come up with this figure. :allright

From what I have been reading on this and other forums and from my visits to LOS 10,000 baht @ day is way out of the ball park. :unsure:

How did you come up with this figure. :unsure:

Personal experience, coupled with the current strength of the baht. I didn't think too much about the figure I used but I'd reckon it to be about right at the moment. :banghead

No one's said thanks for this months yet, so I'll do it.

Thanks. :eyecrazy

I look forward to these each month, how you get your ideas from these photo's is beyond me. Your head must be a strange place to live. :wtf

• 2 months later...