Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hi is it safe to book the Areca. There was a lot of construction going on over the last year.

Im staying at the Areca at the moment. The noisy building work seems to have finished but the new wing looks far from complete.

Its 1300 baht a night which is expensive as the town is quiet and most hotels have offers on ( saw one guest house yesterday at 400, most are about 750-850) As ive said on here before, the Areca is getting a bit grubby; the rooms could do with a lick of paint and new towels, tiles in bathroom need cleaning, the rear swimming pool still has tiles missing from the bottom and the loungers and sun shades are tatty.

Despite this I am still here, I haver looked at other hotels but always bottle it when it comes to booking elswhere. The thing is I like the Areca, its location is undeniably the best in Pattaya, the staff are second to none and I always feel at home.

This was the first year in two trips per year for five years that I did not stay at The Areca cos of the spiralling costs. I have to admit that you can get better and cheaper elsewhere.

I wont be returning unless they radically drop their prices. 1,300b is far too expensive, and yes, the OP is right, things are getting a bit tatty.

Thanks to both of you. Yes, there does seem like a fair amount of places at say 1000B and I was wondering if it was worth spending a bit more but I think that you have made my mind up for me.

• 2 weeks later...
Stayed at Arecca lodge for most of april and although builbing work was going on opposite our room we never had any noise problem at all

I was there in April also, noise never bothered me.

Book through www.atsiam.com 1100baht standard room, 1200baht deluxe room, which is cheaper than their own website.

Areca now has free wifi in their rooms, not before time though.

onelilley.