Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Dentists in Pattaya, any recommendation's ?

Going to cost me around A$1600 if I get a crown the dentist here in Oz says I need, my insurance will only cover A$500, Dentist has told me I need to get it done by the end of the year, after a browse I can see that the cost in LOS is the equivalent of A$400 to A$500 but this is just an Internet search and mainly Bangkok dentists with websites.

Has anyone had dental work done and can they recommend a dentist in Pattaya, I know there are a few around, could see a few around the Avenue shopping plaza near soi 13, preferably want website or Email to contact so I can arrange consultation when I arrive in a few months.

Cheers

I wish I could reccomend a dentist, and no I can't. But I can recomend you avoid the Bankok Pattaya Hospital. I set an appointment up for the cleaning, and to recement my bridge, and after two separate dentists insisiting on a new bridge, partial denture etc., it was like "pulling teeth" to get the damn thing recemented and get out of there. They didn't or wouldn't understand I was on holiday, and were telling me I'd have to have a partial denture, 8 appointments etc.

I had great work at Bangkok Dental Hospital, but, yea I know it's in Bangkok. The little shops in the sois, have "traveling" dentists, who often arn't there on time, or don't show. Pretty hit and miss.

Sorry I haven't been more helpful, maybe other BM's can give a solid referral.

My Thai Friend Lady, goes to Dr. Teeth on Central Pattaya Road,

Dr. Theerapol Kanta, he speaks good english, but front staff does not so take a thai lady with you for first visit.

www.drteethpattaya.con

38k Bt for 4 lower front teeth.

Easy to get to and every one was friendly and helpful.

418/17-18 M9 Central Pattaya Road

Tel: 038-422-639

My Thai Friend Lady, goes to Dr. Teeth on Central Pattaya Road,

Dr. Theerapol Kanta, he speaks good english, but front staff does not so take a thai lady with you for first visit.

www.drteethpattaya.con

38k Bt for 4 lower front teeth caps.

Easy to get to and every one was friendly and helpful.

418/17-18 M9 Central Pattaya Road

Tel: 038-422-639

on soi buckhow between soi lk and soi diana on the same side as oasis go go next to a Pharmcey.

I think it is called B.K. Dental clinic did my crown very good and had no problems

Theres a dental office across from Tropical Bert's on 2nd Rd. I had a root canal and crown done for $500USD. Dentist was a women who spoke excellent English. My local Doc checked her work and said it was first rate.

I was very happy with the service I received from a Russian dentist who set up practice with his Thai wife, who btw is also a dentist, up on 3rd Road by Excyte....I found Dr. I. Yankum to be both professional and reasonably priced.

Dr. Aree -- Pattaya International Hospital. Great dentist and excellent work. Resonable too.

In addition, she's beautiful so very easy on the eyes -- same for her staff.

I was very happy with the service I received from a Russian dentist who set up practice with his Thai wife, who btw is also a dentist, up on 3rd Road by Excyte....I found Dr. I. Yankum to be both professional and reasonably priced.
Sapike your gnashers are very good and i asume you dont need much work doing with em, how much will Dr yankum charge you when i knock the fuxxers out very soon :D where the fuck is the dancing man on here?????
Sapike your gnashers are very good and i asume you dont need much work doing with em, how much will Dr yankum charge you when i knock the fuxxers out very soon :D where the fuck is the dancing man on here?????

hi m8 :D

I had to get me 2 front teeth capped last year after I got sucker punched over on LK Metro....I found Dr. I. Yankum to be professional and his services were reasonably priced.

Dr. Aree -- Pattaya International Hospital. Great dentist and excellent work. Resonable too.

As the above states Dr Aree is an excellent Dentist , VERY pretty and her charges a very reasonable !

Made Chris a plate in 24 hrs after he broke his, and it was a perfect fit , our own dentist said he could not have made better !!

Well Reccomended :D

L

total cost was 4000 baht !

Edited by eycplUK
Going to cost me around A$1600 if I get a crown the dentist here in Oz says I need, my insurance will only cover A$500, Dentist has told me I need to get it done by the end of the year, after a browse I can see that the cost in LOS is the equivalent of A$400 to A$500 but this is just an Internet search and mainly Bangkok dentists with websites.

Has anyone had dental work done and can they recommend a dentist in Pattaya, I know there are a few around, could see a few around the Avenue shopping plaza near soi 13, preferably want website or Email to contact so I can arrange consultation when I arrive in a few months.

Cheers

I had one done for about that price at 'The Art of Smile', 2nd Rd opposite Bangkok Bank Near Soi 6, there is a little plaza there. (Tropical Berts is in there)

Thanks for the replys :D

For those who had a crown, how long did it take, here in Oz its 2 visits, one to measure up and prepare then 2 weeks later to fit the crown, im hoping i can get it done in 5 days or at the longest a week in LOS as ive only got a week.

For those who had a crown, how long did it take, here in Oz its 2 visits, one to measure up and prepare then 2 weeks later to fit the crown, im hoping i can get it done in 5 days or at the longest a week in LOS as ive only got a week.

I had to go back a week later. As you said one visit for preparation and a temp fitted after a mould taken.

The crown is fabricated elsewhere and that is the reason for a delay.

Then back for the fitting. If everything goes smoothly a week would cover it.

You can get it done in a week but you need to have your local MD start you on an anti-biotic about a week before you leave for LOS. Smile Dental across from Tropical Bert's makes the crown on site.

There's an excellent German dentist on the road to Jomtien. Great work, good prices, english speaking:

German Dental Co Ltd (Lab Technology International Co Ltd)

Thappraya Rd, Soi-9,

gdental@loxinfo.co.th

038-251289

038-251232

(Michael Schlatter)

CM

• 3 months later...

Cheers

1luv

Never met Dr Aree but also at PIH is Dr Sornram, who is also very good. Not beautiful, but he's done all my work for the last four years, and I find a big posh hospital reassuring. You can get an appointment in 24 hours and two-stage treatments can usually be done in five days. Recommended.

I used Dr Aree after my dentist Dr. Darika left PIH on maturnity leave. Dr Aree along with Dr Darika did the routine procedures at PIH but if one needed some of the more advanced dental work they would refer you to another one of their dentist which would require advanced planning on getting an appointment. If your interested in getting dental work done at PIH here's their email: picpih@loxinfo.co.th