Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Staying on WS, The Grand or Secrets

I have never been in Secrets Bar ,have seen good reviews of the hotel. i am aware of stairs issue, no problem.

Passed by the Grand last trip seemed ok.

Any thoughts between the two?

I have stayed at the Grand sevaral times.

Good Location, Good price, Average Hotel.

Rooms a little dated, but O.K.

I would stay there again.

I had a look at the Grands standard room back in June, can't beat the location.

Found the room and general feel of the hotel to be very old and run down , but they were in the process of refurbishing

so may be different now.

If your budget allows the seaview deluxe and suites on the 9th floor are ment to be better value.

Have also stayed at Secrets a couple of years ago i really liked the room and thought it was very good value for money, i liked the bar but found it a bit expensive for my budget.

The management seemed to get a bit funny, i got the impression it was because i was not barfining or spending much money in their bar, but might be wrong i usually am.

Might have a look at this place next trip very close to Angelwhitch. http://www.thegreenviewpattaya.com/home

Edited by Chilli Pepper

My suggestion with the Grand would be to wait till you get there, inspect the rooms on offer and negotiate there and then. The rooms can be hell on earth and if they are being re furbished then thats fine. If not avoid like the plague.

My suggestion with the Grand would be to wait till you get there, inspect the rooms on offer and negotiate there and then. The rooms can be hell on earth and if they are being re furbished then thats fine. If not avoid like the plague.

Good advice. Thats the trouble with paying up front, you are never sure what you are going to get until you get there with little negotiating chance if they have got your money up front.

I have never been in Secrets Bar ,have seen good reviews of the hotel. i am aware of stairs issue, no problem.

The rooms on the lower floors suffer from noise problems from the bar below whilst you need an oxygen mask and some crampons to negotiate the steep steps to the upper floor rooms.