Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Meter taxi suvarnabhumi to pattaya

last time i arrived at swampi i spotted a funny sign there, "smoker room 835m --->". half a mile for a cigarette. got lucky with the bus to jomtien though, boarded the last one at 21:00. the driver also stops in naklua, and at the pattaya north, central, and south roads, last stop is in jomtien near the view talay 1 condo. about 120 baht, comfortable ride, less than two hours to pattaya. if a taxi starts with a detour to its home gas station somewhere in downtown bangkok what they do more often than not, you need more time. if you arrive on the airport between 05:00 and 21:00, the bus shuld be your first choice. the ticket counter is at the airport's ground floor, right next to the last exit. prebooking a taxi and expecting the driver to wait and find you isn't so good an idea. swampi is a big place with lots of people running around, i wouldn't put much trust in the intelligence of thais to write your name correctly or readable on a sign. if you don't find him, could be you have to pay anyway. never had troubles to get a taxi at the departure level for 1,000 baht, plus road toll.

if you arrive on the airport between 05:00 and 21:00, the bus shuld be your first choice. the ticket counter is at the airport's ground floor, right next to the last exit. .

I am arriving at 730pm on Monday, so should make the last bus at 2100. Just to save a bit of running around, could you tell me if the last exit is to the left or the right as you head out of the airport? Also, whether it is easier/better to catch the bus at the airport bus terminal, or on the first floor at gate 7/8?

Thanks,

At 1000 baht including tolls, with newish cars and safe drivers Mr T has to be the number 1 option when you need transport from the airport to Pattaya.

Especially the sexy lady wearing the sunglasses, who drives her black Honda! Hope I get her this Thursday! :nod

I have done 30+/- trips by going upstairs to the departure level

recently, Jan, April and Septemeber

I dont take the first tout

I try for one about to leave before the traffic cops give him the boot

I paid 1200 again this trip

I have the stewardess write in Thai "you pay toll" on a piece of paper

I write the negotiated rated

my only prob is shitty drivers

I can give directions in my poor thai to Soi 3

JMHO

I have done 30+/- trips by going upstairs to the departure level

recently, Jan, April and Septemeber

I dont take the first tout

I try for one about to leave before the traffic cops give him the boot

I paid 1200 again this trip

I have the stewardess write in Thai "you pay toll" on a piece of paper

I write the negotiated rated

my only prob is shitty drivers

I can give directions in my poor thai to Soi 3

JMHO

To answer the OP, if you go upstairs you are purely on your own with negotiating, which some are not up to after 25 hours of travel.

The official taxi stand is downstairs, outside by the curb with a table and queue set up. I think I paid $1,400 baht last times which included tolls. I have always had a new car and never had a problem with directions, but I always print a map of the hotel and telephone number in Thai.

It's nice to know these taxis most likely have the proper insurance and also saves a walk to the garage.

emil: spend the night in BKK and take the ekkamai bus to pattaya the next day; you'll be on Soi Cowboy around 12:30 AM...prime time, sir.

Thanks for the tip, but I maintain a place year round in Pattaya and have TGF waiting for me. Once the skytrain connection from the airport become operational, what your suggesting should become even easier.

It's nice to know these taxis most likely have the proper insurance and also saves a walk to the garage.

Hub you make the walk to the garage sound like the Batan death march. :rolleyes: I've got the luggage on a cart and when I met the driver in the arrival area he does the pushing to the car. Beside after all those hours sitting in the plane I like to use the leg muscles.

About the insurance issue, are your concerns that if involved in an accident that the passenger could be held liable for damages?

About the insurance issue, are your concerns that if involved in an accident that the passenger could be held liable for damages?

I would be more concerned that there would 'insurance' money to pay for the repairs on my body if I would be hurt in an accident.

LeoTex

I would be more concerned that there would 'insurance' money to pay for the repairs on my body if I would be hurt in an accident.

LeoTex

Hi Larry,

I would be too, but unless one has access to the actual insurance papers how would they know how much a pax is covered, 50k baht, 100K baht, etc?

I'm covered by my medical insurance at home, I would have to pay up front and then seek reimbursement.

The point being

If youre in a private vehicle masquerading as a Taxi service

Then whatever insurance it may or may not have for its pax is academic as it is now voided in its entirety by this act of 'hire or reward'