Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 495 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

I thought I was going to have to scrap my plans for a return visit in January but it turns out I am going to have to go on disability from work for a few months :allright so I am back on for a trip. Just booked a ticket last night for Jan 26 to Feb 13.

I'll be doing a Cheap Charlie trip since my pay gets cut in half so I'm looking for a room around LK Metro. I have it narrowed down to a few and was wondering if it would be a mistake to wait till I get in town to find accommodations. I would really like to see them in person before deciding. Not sure how busy it will be then. I don't want to get there and find everything full and then have to pay considerably more for a hotel someplace else. Any Advice??

Book a couple of days in someplace, then look around when you've had some sleep and won't have to be carrying your luggage around with you while you look for a place to stay your first day in.

Book a couple of days in someplace, then look around when you've had some sleep and won't have to be carrying your luggage around with you while you look for a place to stay your first day in.

That was going to be my plan. Just didn't know how busy it would be at the beginning of February and if I would have any chance to find a nice inexpensive place at the last minute.

Just returned after staying 1 month and IMHO you'll have no problem getting decent room in that area.There's a multitude of new accomodation opening almost eveyweek (most with no website) Forget "High Season" thats a thing of the past for a few years, as Martin suggested book a place like the "Apex" for 2 days and then pound the pavements, you'll be spoilt for choice!

For your 19 days you might just be able to get a month rate which works out cheaper but watch extras for electric and water and even cleaning in some places.

19 * 750 = 14,250 yeah, you might get a better monthly deal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
18 coins hotel in Soi Buakhao, near Soi Diamond junction

500 up baht daily, 10% & 15% discount for weekly & monthly

tiny room, queen size bed only, for small rooms, window view is blocked by adjacent buildings.

Yes I stayed there a few months ago and the rooms are ok but the feel of the place didnt seem right, a great location though and the food not bad.