Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Another Mr. T taxi story

I booked Mr T to pick up a friend arriving from the U.S. around midnight recently. The flight was delayed over 3 hours. At 3 a.m. the driver called and said "where are you now?" The flight had just landed and he was still waiting. I told him my friend would be there soon and went back to sleep. The next day my friend told me he had missed Mr T somehow. I was never called about the fare so I went by to pay him. He did go and waited 3 hours for no compensation so I thought it only fair to pay him. I gave young Mr. T 1000 baht and explained the situation to him. He said 200 or 300 for the trip was more than enough to cover expenses but I made him take 500 baht. A true gentleman and great customer service.

Jack

I booked Mr T to pick up a friend arriving from the U.S. around midnight recently. The flight was delayed over 3 hours. At 3 a.m. the driver called and said "where are you now?" The flight had just landed and he was still waiting. I told him my friend would be there soon and went back to sleep. The next day my friend told me he had missed Mr T somehow. I was never called about the fare so I went by to pay him. He did go and waited 3 hours for no compensation so I thought it only fair to pay him. I gave young Mr. T 1000 baht and explained the situation to him. He said 200 or 300 for the trip was more than enough to cover expenses but I made him take 500 baht. A true gentleman and great customer service.

Jack

thumbs up for mrt i have also booked him for wed 9th :thumbup

• 1 month later...

I have always used Mr T and will continue to do so. On the opposite my flight in was 1 hour early and I only had carry on luggage so I was through immigration and out within 15 minutes of the flight landing.The driver was there waitig for me. On the return trip I booked a mini van as I had the wife, kids and tons of lggage as well - the van was not on time but early. 100% marks to Mr T

Jack

I've also had nothing but great service from him. This is hindsight, if one arrives and can't find him he does provide a cell phone number to call if there is a problem.

And Mr Toom (whose name begins with a T and doesn't look like this... Mr._T.jpg) did me fine yesterday. Driver called me soon after I landed (late) and waited for me (immigration was interminable).

A good vehicle (Toyota Camry I think)...

Driver polite, but being a youngster a bit of a boy racer.

Edited by jacko
  • 3 weeks later...
Does he (or whoever he sends) speak any English? Can you stop at a 7-11 etc., for something on the road ?

The drivers usually speak a few words English.

Just tell him "stop for beer". He will understand what you mean.

I sent a note to Pattaya Limo and asked not about the fare but if the driver (they promote these 2 great drivers on their web page) spoke English and if they know where the RG is.

Got a one sentence reply with the fare and asking for flight details.

I just wrote to Mr. T. tonight and asked if he'd do it . If PL won't read what you write and reply to two simple questions, then the rest of the service is likely to disappoint.

RG offered a pickup but want THB1900 which is higher than I have ever seen unless it is a sedan chair.

I sent a note to Pattaya Limo and asked not about the fare but if the driver (they promote these 2 great drivers on their web page) spoke English and if they know where the RG is.

Got a one sentence reply with the fare and asking for flight details.

I just wrote to Mr. T. tonight and asked if he'd do it . If PL won't read what you write and reply to two simple questions, then the rest of the service is likely to disappoint.

RG offered a pickup but want THB1900 which is higher than I have ever seen unless it is a sedan chair.

The drivers speak “basic” English but as has been stated on here very recently have the contact details and the printable map from the hotel web site and you will be fine,

Otherwise I’ve always found there service very good.

Does he (or whoever he sends) speak any English? Can you stop at a 7-11 etc., for something on the road ?

I think all Thais will understand if you just say "7-11", whether they speak English or not.

Mr T always good service for me!

I think all Thais will understand if you just say "7-11", whether they speak English or not.

Mr T always good service for me!

I think Thais just call them '7'....
  • Upvote 1
  • 9 months later...