Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

uncle charleys closed

just been told by a mate in town charleys is closed, terrible news, best steak in pattaya by some distance, but no more :crying:

End of an era if true. I'll check it out myself.

Sad that is it closed. Have had many steak dinners there over the years. Anyone know what happened to the late Uncle Charlie's girlfriend(I think her name is Mook), who was running the place? She's a nice lady, and I wish her the best.

Dang... I walked by there many times and told myself that I would try their steak. Never did.

FatherMojo

Then you missed out on a good steak

Edited by judd
Then you missed out on a good steak

much more then just the T-bone, the whole plate, baked potato, corn on the cob and salad made it a pleasing meal with the steak being grilled on the outdoor BBQ, plus the memorabilia of charlies day as a jur-head interests us vets.

chers

rb

much more then just the T-bone, the whole plate, baked potato, corn on the cob and salad made it a pleasing meal with the steak being grilled on the outdoor BBQ, plus the memorabilia of charlies day as a jur-head interests us vets.

chers

rb

rb, thanks for describing all the side dishes that came with the meal that made it such a treat, and yes, the real coal barbeque flavor made even Thai T-bones taste great.

I'll go by tomorrow when they normally do their BBQ and see if they are truly closed. I hope it's an unfounded rumor.

pattaya_mad, it looks like you have good on the ground intelligence sources.

I drove by Uncle Charlie's today, and it was shuttered. Not only was it shuttered, but the signage was down, so there was no name on the shophouse door at all.

I also noted that a bunch of shophouses on Soi Honey are closed and shuttered now.

Lets not get too carried away charlys were good steaks but i wouldnt put them in the legendary class :thumbup

Yep. The Tbone steaks weren't imported New Zealand Angus beef. Mook told me they came from a nearby Thai cow farm.

still pretty tasty when compared to most of what is available in Pattaya.

I used to enjoy walking across the road from the Baybreeze for a decent steak.

• 1 month later...

I used to eat Breakfast there everyday. If it's the same place on Soi Honey. Bet food anywhere. It will be missed, and I was looking forward to eating there Tuesday morning.

Lets not get too carried away charlys were good steaks but i wouldnt put them in the legendary class :thumbup

They were very good for the money. I hadn't eaten there for a while but they were in institution in Pattaya ten years ago. Sad to see them go but there is a lot more competition for the tourist food dollar nowadays.

• 3 weeks later...