Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hey guys!

27 days and counting, and I am very restless waiting for my virgin trip to LOS. I would love recommendations for a nice seafood restaurant to have a good semi-upscale meal at when I am in Pattaya. I know that there are probably several, but just looking for some favorites, and recommendations.

If this would be better suited in another thread, please let me know... I appreciate everyone's help!

Randy

Look around you'll see them.  One thing to be aware of is that lobster is quite expensive.

Nearly every nationality is represented:

Middle Eastern (Indian, Pakistan, Arabic)

European (Italian, Russian, Belgium, German, French, English)

American (Burger King, McDonalds, Dunkin' Donuts, as well as "American Breakfasts":  bacon-ham-eggs-toast-cold-cereal).

Asian (Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai)

Mexican (on Soi 7/8)

Didn't see any African or Australian/New Zealand (I'm assuming of course that there is such a thing Aussie/New Zealand cuisine)

Thanks for the info! Maybe Australian cuisine is like what we get at Outback?  ;D

Now get ready, 3....2....1.... Flame War! ;D

Oh!  Oh!  Reminds me...  There's a shopping center (Tops) at the intersection of 2nd and Central ( Pattaya Klang ) Roads.   In Tops there's a nice restaurant on the second floor that serves mostly Asian cuisine PLUS... crocodile meat.  It's not bad.  Sorta tastes like chicken.  They promote it as very low fat.  So you can try something different if you don't mind eating a giant lizard.   Thailand has these crocodile zoos (Crocodile Farm & Million Years Stone Park

) where, for 20 baht, you can feed the pretties chicken carcasses.  Just be sure not to fall over the railing when you're feeding them.  I heard a story about how someone decided to commit suicide by jumping over the barrier.  I don't think it was a great way to go, but I digress.

PLUS... crocodile meat.  It's not bad.  Sorta tastes like chicken.  They promote it as very low fat.  So you can try something different if you don't mind eating a giant lizard.

It is actually pretty good stuff, if it is anything like alligator meat. There is a place in Arkansas that I have been to a couple of times, and they have Popcorn Gator.. not bad, but could use a side of Vegemite  ;D

Randolpho 2,

Its funny how some newbies ask questions on this board and nobody or almost nobody answers your question and the threatd gets hijacked into bullshit.

To answer your original question, try King Seafood and the Lobster Pot, both within a feyards of each other on walking Street, both good, both slightly upscale, both outdoor patios overlooking Pattaya Bay.  Fresh lobster and the bigger shrimp are expensive but everything else is reasonable.  The cold rock lobster cocktail at the Lobster Pot is great and very reasonable.

There are several other seafood places on Walking Street you can check out but you won't go wrong at the two above.

Have a great first experience in Pattaya.

If you're on the way out to Jomtien, try the Sugar Hut on the road between Pattaya and Jomtien. If in Pattaya, I'd go to where the Thais eat - just avoid the farangs. If that fazes you a little for your first trip then try the places on Walking Street. Not cheap by Thai standards but nothing that will break the bank.

For a different atmosphere, try Vientainne on 2nd road. Has very good Thai and Lao food, which is particularly good for Issan girls as they tend to like the Loa stuff, particularly if they are from the very North.

I can't remember the name, but on Beach Rd next to the Pink Lady Restaurant between Soi7 and Central Pattaya Rd there is a seafood restaurant where you can catch your dinner.  You will have some lovely Thai ladies assist you and if your lucky you can take one of them back to your room.   ;D  :o

Emil

Forget the name. But I think the best one is the last one on walking street. It is on both sides of the road, with seafood on the right next to the sea (it would be!) and steaks etc. on the left. They have lots of seafood in tanks to choose from. We find this one better than the others along walking street.

Tel,

i know the one you mean, it might be called the Seagull

(not sure). In July, 8 of us had tiger prawns, thai crab curry, mussels, rock lobster, proper lobster. With beers for the guys and coke for the girls the bill was about 2,000 baht.

For me, that is great VFM and it was without a doubt, the best meal i've had in Pattaya.

Tel,

In July, 8 of us had tiger prawns, thai crab curry, mussels, rock lobster, proper lobster. With beers for the guys and coke for the girls the bill was about 2,000 baht.

For me, that is great VFM and it was without a doubt, the best meal i've had in Pattaya.

That sounds fantastic! I will definitely check the Seagull out.. all of you guys are awesome, thanks so much for your help!

I have found the name of the seafood restaurant. It is called Nang Nual. You can see the bars and rstaurants in walking street at

www.pattayacity.com/pattaya/walking_street.html

It is on the same side as FLB but further along Walking street.

They have great crab (which my Thai wife loves) and tiger prawns and lobster.

We both think it is much better than King Seafood which is nearby.