Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Just landed, went to the internet to look up adultfriendfin(I won't plug them here) and was met with a restriction from Thailand. That site could quite compromise national security, I suppose. Anyone know of a way to bypass this? Please know, I know very little about computers, so this question is not as dumb as the person asking it. Thanks in advance.

It's the internet provider. Try a different one. They all block different sites, who knows how they pick them.

• Downvote 2

Thanks guys.

I have no idea how long before I am called away from this trip, so I'd rather not buy into a plan if there's a way around it (not being keenow, just practical). Lovedog, I am in a hotel in BKK. Being the tard that I am with computers, I am unsure how to switch providers when at the mercy of the hotel's wifi (if wifi is what I am on?). Can you explain how to do this (if it is possible to do)?

Thanks guys.

I have no idea how long before I am called away from this trip, so I'd rather not buy into a plan if there's a way around it (not being keenow, just practical). Lovedog, I am in a hotel in BKK. Being the tard that I am with computers, I am unsure how to switch providers when at the mercy of the hotel's wifi (if wifi is what I am on?). Can you explain how to do this (if it is possible to do)?

No, you are tied to the provider that your hotel uses.

An alternative is another proxy server, or to get onto the internet using the mobile phone network.

No, you are tied to the provider that your hotel uses.

An alternative is another proxy server, or to get onto the internet using the mobile phone network.

Thanks, thought so. So my question is, aside from pay proxies, anyone know of one that will work in Thailand?

Thanks, thought so. So my question is, aside from pay proxies, anyone know of one that will work in Thailand?

There are loads of free proxy sites, if you google "free proxy"

The downside, is that your connection with be incredibly slow, and you may get spamming and pop ups. No one gives anything away for free and there is always the odd cookies, trojans and other malware that comes with it. So my advise is NOT to use your own computer for a start.

The other option is to use firefox and add on the proxy facility. Still slow, but you can pick a proxy IP address which is hosted in a different country.

There are loads of free proxy sites, if you google "free proxy"

The downside, is that your connection with be incredibly slow, and you may get spamming and pop ups. No one gives anything away for free and there is always the odd cookies, trojans and other malware that comes with it. So my advise is NOT to use your own computer for a start.

The other option is to use firefox and add on the proxy facility. Still slow, but you can pick a proxy IP address which is hosted in a different country.

Well, that's a bundle of appreciated information right there. Thanks. Think I'll buy the one Frostfire mentioned unless someone knows any better. The way it's dumping rain at the moment, might just have to consider room service and skip any adventure that requires travel for this evening.

Yes. Especially for someone visiting. It's called Tor, it's ever so easy, it works well. It *is* slow but not horrible, and there are no popups or other distractions.

Just google "tor" and download the package and away you go. It can be installed as portable if you wish.

Just landed, went to the internet to look up adultfriendfin(I won't plug them here) and was met with a restriction from Thailand. That site could quite compromise national security, I suppose. Anyone know of a way to bypass this? Please know, I know very little about computers, so this question is not as dumb as the person asking it. Thanks in advance.

Strong VPN

It's the best investment you can make when dealing with the Internet. Ask Martin, as I believe he uses it as well. I have used it in the ROK, PRC, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Burma, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait and the UAE. You have the choice as to what country you want to traffic your connection through. Excellent customer service.

Thanks guys.

Click to "connect to" from your start button and see if you can get on another wi-fi, sometimes you can get on the hotel next door, or a bar across the street. Look for sign that offer free wi-fi in bars and restaurants, then go in and use their connection. Just as easy, but you will have to pay for it, go to an internet cafe, they aren't to expensive.

• Downvote 2

Can I ask why you feel the need for AFF in BKK. :clueless There are 100’s of adult friends in Nana and Cowboy most, if not all very willing to come to some mutual arrangement back at your hotel, no internet needed. :kissing

Strong VPN

It's the best investment you can make when dealing with the Internet. Ask Martin, as I believe he uses it as well. I have used it in the ROK, PRC, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Burma, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait and the UAE. You have the choice as to what country you want to traffic your connection through. Excellent customer service.

Yes, we use it here in Thailand for silly blocked sites.