Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Any bus service after 6pm from BKK airport to Pattaya?

There is a railway station at Suvarabhumi - go down to the basement - takes you into center of BKK in about 20 mins and there is a railway station in Pattaya - in fact several stations. The line runs parallel to Suhkumvit (on the east side about 100 metres over). But getting from the airport to Pattaya by train is out of the question- especially at night

That's the Airport Rail Link. It only goes to downtown BKK, not Pattaya. And it's not part of the Thai Railways system. The station Jacko mentions must be on the 'Eastern Line'. Looking at a couple of its timetables, I don't see "Pattaya", so it must be called something else. I guess it must be theoretically possible to catch the Airport Rail Link to Makkasan or Phya Tai and then catch one of these Eastern Line trains to get to the station in Pattaya.

That's the Airport Rail Link. It only goes to downtown BKK, not Pattaya. And it's not part of the Thai Railways system. The station Jacko mentions must be on the 'Eastern Line'. Looking at a couple of its timetables, I don't see "Pattaya", so it must be called something else. I guess it must be theoretically possible to catch the Airport Rail Link to Makkasan or Phya Tai and then catch one of these Eastern Line trains to get to the station in Pattaya.

It is called Pattaya here.......

It is called Pattaya here.......

Sure enough. Two stations apparently. Found one train a day, in the morning. Takes about 3:15 to get there from BKK. Is this really really a practical way of getting to Pattaya from Suv, as the OP is asking? Unless someone knows of a night bus service (not so far mentioned), I think his only option is a taxi.

Edited by tomcat76

I notice a new little wooden 'station' has been erected at the back of the 'Floating Market' on the Pattaya line

P'raps their going to freight in more Ruskies straight to the back door?

Sure enough. Two stations apparently. Found one train a day, in the morning. Takes about 3:15 to get there from BKK. Is this really really a practical way of getting to Pattaya from Suv, as the OP is asking? Unless someone knows of a night bus service (not so far mentioned), I think his only option is a taxi.

The more Southerly station, (Pattaya Tai) doesn't look like it is in use

No of course not, it would be a silly way, only for the train romantics.

If I was the OP I would have Mr T or Mr Toom waiting.

I notice a new little wooden 'station' has been erected at the back of the 'Floating Market' on the Pattaya line

P'raps their going to freight in more Ruskies straight to the back door?

Exactly that as I passed today, shepherding in the punters direct from the train:

IMG_0799_zps92f13348.jpg

IMG_0800_zps536e7310.jpg

Exactly that as I passed today, shepherding in the punters direct from the train:

IMG_0799_zps92f13348.jpg

IMG_0800_zps536e7310.jpg

BTW. Just out of curiosity, can you say about what time that was?