Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

How Do You Play the Suvarnabhumi Escalator Game?

Ever since Suv. opened, I've been stumped by the way the airport police will have blocked the escalator you need to get to the floor you need to get to, except to "airport pass" holders. This forces passengers, with their families & bags, to use the elevators, which of course then become overcrowded. What the heck are they doing? Is it possible for plebians to get these "airport passes" that allow you to ride? When I encounter this, I'll usually walk the entire terminal end-to-end looking for the up or down escalator I need, figuring there just HAS to be one, but always end up having to take an elevator. 'Just don't get it. What's the point of blocking an operating escalator to a floor that one can otherwise access by elevator? What are they trying to accomplish? :clueless

Ex - my last outbound trip, arrived by Airlink and started working my way up to the Departures Floor and ran into one of these blocks, on the 1st floor I think.

• 2 weeks later...

In Taipei's airport they have moving walkways that are one direction only. They couldn't put two next to each other? One for each direction?

I have never encountered the escalator issue at BKK that you mention but I do not doubt what you say.

In Taipei's airport they have moving walkways that are one direction only. They couldn't put two next to each other? One for each direction?

I have never encountered the escalator issue at BKK that you mention but I do not doubt what you say.

Never been an issue..... I get dropped off at the correct level when departing, and on arrival I just follow the driver in a trance.