Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Chang Thong House Hotel (Soi Diana)

Can anybody tell me if this hotel is still in existence and if it is still viable as a hotel? I can't seem to find out much about it, and in particular, recently. It's location is great, but I can't recall ever noticing it.

Thanks - it seems that Trip Adviser is about the only site that has anything on it. It opened in 2009, but that seems to be about all. Stuffed if I know! I just might forget about it.

Thanks, Fatboyfat, but I thought when I said there was a little information on the Travel Adviser site, it would be obvious that I had Googled it. Anyway, it doesn't seem like it really exists, does it?

Guest Fatboyfat

Thanks, Fatboyfat, but I thought when I said there was a little information on the Travel Adviser site, it would be obvious that I had Googled it. Anyway, it doesn't seem like it really exists, does it?

A lot more than the travel advisor pages; Anyway just seen the place this afternoon, but FC has already posted info.

Thanks, Guys, I really appreciate your efforts and might contact them - could be a cheaper option than Areca, which does not have vacancies for my next visit, and still be in a very handy location. If I stay there I'll definitely give a report.

I guess I should be used to the fact that many Thais do not respond to emails, but hoped this hotel would. Just have to make another international phone call - worth it if it works out.

I made a booking with ChangThong House Hotel, but it took a couple of calls. On the first, no-one could speak more than a couple of words in English and I was asked to call back a couple of hours later. On the second call, a woman spoke to me in English that wasn't much better and I am proud to say that my limited Thai got me through, with her praising me for my efforts and I praising her for her English attempts - ( a mutual admiration society? :blink:). Anyway, I have a room booked for 1000THB per night for 5 nights. I hope the hotel lives up to my expectations. It is, of course, girl friendly and the pool at Areca Lodge can be utilised, although I rarely use one - either a quick cool shower in my room, or just stay in an aircon'd bar.

Good luck with room.

Have a wander down Soi Honey and see what new Honey hotel looks like.

Good site, but a bit procey I hear.

Have been wondering about that place myself. Might drop by and ask to see a room tomorrow. Some of the bars & massage places on that soi have some tempting looking girls ( mostly up toward the Bukhao end).

Have been wondering about that place myself. Might drop by and ask to see a room tomorrow. Some of the bars & massage places on that soi have some tempting looking girls ( mostly up toward the Bukhao end).

A bit low end, but there is a nice lesbian duo next door but one to Noi Bar.

Just spent 8 days there in February we paid 1200 baht a night include 2 breakfasts that are basic. On the last day we checked out at 5 pm no extra charge. Stayed on the 4th floor good small lift all mirrored freaky. Basally loved the place was quite, central to everything we do and the staff were Thai so were very accommodating. Down side Eden massage just across the road. :D

P1010971 (1024x768).jpg

P1010968 (1024x768).jpg

P1010961 (1024x768).jpg

P1010960 (1024x768).jpg

P1010962 (1024x768).jpg

P1010963 (1024x768).jpg

Frang and Thai showers (one only cold) This is the only place were the water pressure was to high and we had to turn value down to allow the water to get hot.

P1010958 (1024x768).jpg

P1010955 (768x1024).jpg

P1010956 (768x1024).jpg

Common area on our floor

P1010964 (768x1024).jpg

P1010965 (768x1024).jpg

P1010966 (1024x768).jpg

P1010967 (1024x768).jpg

P1010957 (1024x768).jpg

• Upvote 3

Thank you so much for that, Aussiechic, it was exactly what I was looking for. I feel much more content that I have booked there now. Great to have a report on any hotel.

• 4 weeks later...

Just booked again for May paying $1000 baht a night this time not high season and happy to pay it.

• 2 weeks later...

I made a booking with ChangThong House Hotel, but it took a couple of calls. On the first, no-one could speak more than a couple of words in English and I was asked to call back a couple of hours later. On the second call, a woman spoke to me in English that wasn't much better and I am proud to say that my limited Thai got me through, with her praising me for my efforts and I praising her for her English attempts - ( a mutual admiration society? :blink:). Anyway, I have a room booked for 1000THB per night for 5 nights. I hope the hotel lives up to my expectations. It is, of course, girl friendly and the pool at Areca Lodge can be utilised, although I rarely use one - either a quick cool shower in my room, or just stay in an aircon'd bar.

Are you saying that guests at the changthong house now have free use of the Areca Lodge swimming pool? That would be excellent

I originally thought it was free access, but now have been informed by someone else that it costs 80 Baht. However, all Farang look pretty much the same to Thais, and I reckon you wouldn't have any problem using the pools freely, as long as you don't make a big fuss about it. When I am there (in a few weeks) I have some friends staying at Areca, so will just join them if I need a cool dip but, normally I don't really care.

• 2 weeks later...

I made a booking with ChangThong House Hotel, but it took a couple of calls. On the first, no-one could speak more than a couple of words in English and I was asked to call back a couple of hours later. On the second call, a woman spoke to me in English that wasn't much better and I am proud to say that my limited Thai got me through, with her praising me for , my efforts and I praising her for her English attempts - ( a mutual admiration society? :blink:). Anyway, I have a room booked for 1000THB per night for 5 nights. I hope the hotel lives up to my expectations. It is, of course, girl friendly and the pool at Areca Lodge can be utilised, although I rarely use one - either a quick cool shower in my room, or just stay in an aircon'd bar.

Just called these guys a short while ago, what a horrible experience. The guy could not speak a single word in English. With much efforts, he took my booking as month number 5, from number 4 to number 10 in the name of India. It doesn't satisfy me hence I have written a mail. Not sure whether someone would actually respond. let's wait and watch. But the place really looks nice.