Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

but a shithole in a great location. :D

the price is steep for what it is, but for a first/last night stay its ok.

if all you want is a room to shag and sleep, for 1 night its perfect, but for a longer stay i would not touch it with a bargepole.

I agree with pat809. I like the in room safe, rooms are clean, ac cold and the location is great.

The Nana Hotel is not great but the rooms are clean the food very good and the action is about as good as anywhere in the city. If you go with the new wing the rooms are much better, as are the upper floors above 5. The Deluxe rooms are 1500 baht and very large. They are redoing many rooms now and it should be better soon. I think everyone should try the hotel at least once.

Stayed there recently and I'd never stay there again, i'd rather sleep on the street.

It's just a total shithole.

Could you be a bit more specific. What was so bad about it ?

Dirty old rooms, beds and furniture well past its sell by date, surly unhelpful staff, id checks on your 'girlfriend'.

Why stay in a dump when there are better places nearby ?

Location is fabulous.

Staff is generally poor though some there are very good (if you need a driver, ask for Johnny, Car #50).

Rooms are crappy.  I shared mine wih cockroaches.

Bizzare, changing policies (all of a suddent they wanted me to pay a deposit for local phone calls--I made one and had to pay it at the desk before they would give me my key back!).

Restaurant is fine.

Bar stays open until 3:30.

I've heard the new pool is quite nice.  It was under construction when I was there in June.

It's really not up to par with anything in its price range, it stays fully booked year round because of its location so they don't need to put many improvements in to keep the money coming.

-Vox

I'll agree with the only advantage Nana Hotel has...

"Location is fabulous."

From my experience, you can walk around the corner and get a CLEAN room at Majestic Suites with courteous help and a reasonable breakfast for the same 1500 baht (double superior room).  They have standard rooms but they are a bit small.

And anytime I'm looking for late night entertainment I can walk toward Nana parking lot and find a gaggle of bar girls who didn't get offed for the night (after 2:00).  The last few nights I was in BKK in May infact I kind of enjoyed the "running of the babes" at the bewitching hour of 2:00.  All you have to do is BE THERE and you know right away which girls need to make rent money!  Some head into Angel but many are pretty ageeable to a reasonable offer.

There are many better hotels IMHO.  

Take care,

WISteve

I'll agree with the only advantage Nana Hotel has...

"Location is fabulous."

And anytime I'm looking for late night entertainment I can walk toward Nana parking lot and find a gaggle of bar girls who didn't get offed for the night (after 2:00).  The last few nights I was in BKK in May infact I kind of enjoyed the "running of the babes" at the bewitching hour of 2:00.  All you have to do is BE THERE and you know right away which girls need to make rent money!  Some head into Angel but many are pretty ageeable to a reasonable offer.

There are many better hotels IMHO.  

Take care,

WISteve

ahhh the nana exodous.

as mr smitty once put it.

"its like trying to wade upstream against a tide of ass"

I stay at the Golden Palace along the road in Soi 1

Its incredibly quiet, has a pool and is only 450 Baht a night.

It aint a palace, but its got aircon a HUGE bed and gives you no problems

I love the Nana, mostly for the memories. I stayed at the Malaysian Hotel ( now a gay hotel) in the 70s...then all of the 80s, the good old Nana... I find now that I am older I want and can afford something nicer and cleaner... but the Nana is a fine place to hang your hat sometime in one's life...

Guest chrisgng22

bahtman i agree with you.

anyone never been to bkk nana hotel is "THE hotel"

for a first timer it will give you the best taste of los you will ever get, [smiley=cheers.gif]

• 2 weeks later...

My report will differ from others but I have been countless times and have seen other hotels in BKK.

Call on the phone using the website # and reserve a deluxe room (suite). It is 1600 a night and you wont even feel like your in the NANA Hotel (if you have ever had a standard rm). It is the biggest , nicest room you will get in BKK for 1600. The bathroom is very nice and big and everything is very new looking. Give it a shot. I have not been able to reserve via email, they always say theyre booked up and only have standards but I got it over the phone no problems. I agree the standards are nothing special but they still have the biggest beds and I would still stay there over anywhere else. Its the central heart beat of BKK for me. You might get nicer standard rooms for 1070bt else where but there will be something sacrificed ie- smaller room,bed, lousy water pressure or ac problems. Just my 2 cents but I go every few months and think its worth a try. Yes the staff has a sour attitude but you see them checking in and on your way home so it really is irelavent. ID checking happens but theyre always cool with your girl and every girl knows the score there and it takes 3 seconds and your in the elevator to your room.