Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Is 30B worth a motorbike taxi knifing?

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think these rates are actually higher now!

They are certainly not based on any 25 baht for 2km + 5 baht/km after.

For example, the 6th line down in the first group is Pratumnak from South Pattaya...60 baht. I'm on Pratumnak 750 meters from that station, not 9 km, and currently pay the exorbitant rate of 50 baht for a 3 minute ride at night.

Now the sign specifies 60 baht for that ride, which should take you 9 km at the government specified rate (2 km (25 baht) + 7 * 5 baht (7km) = 9km).

No part of Pratumnak is 9km from south Pattaya.

It looks like they are using this as a license to screw the riders even more.

232.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I generally find the Motorbike Taxi Guys to be reasonable people as so far as using their services goes. I think they provide a fantastic service and I think they charge a fair price.   If I use the

What have you done to them that they can't be trusted? Is that really your perception of the majority of local people? It's one thing to keep your wits about you, quite another to actively distrus

You didn't learn very much from your time mixing with some of the top natives. What did you hope to achieve by kicking a car? That's the sort of thing spoiled children do.   I think you've high

Posted Images

I think these rates are actually higher now!

They are certainly not based on any 25 baht for 2km + 5 baht/km after.

Right, but looks like you didn't read my message and just look at the pictures ;)

Many prices I saw are at least 10 baht above what they should be using "25 B up to 2 km + 5 B per km above 2" rule.

A few places have prices clearly 40 or 60% above the rules' price!...

Looks like police will first have to check that every station has its board,

but second will have to check displayed prices...

IMHO they have no choice right now that to have a fares' board, so they put these,

but prices "anomalies" are too important to not be noticed and "fixed" in a second time.

Wait & see...

BTW there are some places were the board is "perfect". They are far to be all "bad guys" :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Just a followup...I've walked by dozens of taxi "stands" around Walking Street and seen only 1 sign at a taxi stand at the entrance to Soi Diamond off 2nd Road. It was mostly obscured by some junk that was put in front of it.

They aren't making much progress with this initiative yet.

2014-07-23 01.40.56.jpg

• 2 months later...

Pattayas overhaul of motorbike-taxi sector stuck in neutral

The problem, officials said, is that Pattayas motorbike-taxi sector is infected with deep-rooted corruption and controlled by Mafia-style organized crime.

Drivers fear local power brokers, even though they have to pay out large amounts of money for their vests and their slot at the taxi stand.

http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/pattaya-s-overhaul-of-motorbike-taxi-sector-stuck-in-neutral-41796

Looks like Pattaya will need the Junta/military to solve thise problem...

Edited by Idefix