Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

FLB "Special Online Booking for Residence Gar

Howdy,

How do you access the FLB Special Price for Online Booking of the Residence Garden???  CRS setting in.  Need a vacation in LOS.

Ken Bower

San Antonio Texas USA

kenandlat@sbcglobal.net

http://homepage.mac.com/mgnewman/KenLat/

Guest chrisgng22

yep i see your American so maybe its the language dirrerence, you will see at the bottom of the pages a dirty great big fucking arrow (Remember the indians used to fire them at your great grandpappy) ok the next bit is tricky you gotta left click the DGBFA? and keep going until you reach the online booking page once there im affraid your gonna be fucked bcoz you have some typing to do?best thing for you is to go and ask the 2 year old kid next door [smiley=bullshit.gif]

I think Keanandlat post a lot just to get a plug for their own website on FLB board.

"Free Advertising"

I'm surprised Pete lets them get away with it.

Ken,

What I did was click on Hotels and at the bottom of the page is the advertisment for RG.  By the way congratulations on the Spurs 2003 NBA Championship.  I was in Texas recently, what a beautiful state, great people and cheap gas. :)

take care

KJ

P.S. Here is a texas joke for you: WHY DOESN'T TEXAS FALL INTO THE OCEAN?...........BECAUSE OKLAHOMA SUCKS.   Just kidding not literally.

yep i see your American so maybe its the language dirrerence, you will see at the bottom of the pages a dirty great big fucking arrow (Remember the indians used to fire them at your great grandpappy) ok the next bit is tricky you gotta left click the DGBFA? and keep going until you reach the online booking page once there im affraid your gonna be fucked bcoz you have some typing to do?best thing for you is to go and ask the 2 year old kid next door [smiley=bullshit.gif]

Is this the off the topic board?  Sounds like it.  This poor guy wanted a little help with booking a hotel and you are acting like it WW3.  Dude relax, maybe you need to go to LOS soon.  There is alot of fire in you, relax. You see an American post something and you want to strangle him, get a life.

john

Doc Duei is correct.  There is a section on the board for Links.  Their is also the facility within your profile to dish out your e-mail and website details.  If all that fails then I am sure a banner ad could be negotiated.  The continual posts in the forum by kenandlat plugging their own site amounts to no more than spam messages.  

Tom

Alterego

Have you looked at their website?  Just a good collection of URLs with no advertising at all.  Some of them might come in handy at times.  No profit making venture.  That is probably why Pete doesn't have a problem with it.  

I agree with winner I've been to the site b4 nothing but a personal home page of useful links.  No banners no links to pay sites.

By looking at his site i would hope most would be able to tell it is not set up to make money but as a resource site.

Not an advertisment but I sent a pm to ken and he sent me back a page full of useful information.

chrisgng22,

2 serperate posts whithin 7 mins did you not feel your orginal post was a smart ass enough reply?  Honestly what was the purpose of blasting this guy?  he did everything right.  Posted question on Accomodation board not only that it was a question  about booking a hotel that has a relationship with FLB.

I think Keanandlat post a lot just to get a plug for their own website on FLB board.

"Free Advertising"

I'm surprised Pete lets them get away with it.

Doc

You are right the last eight posts in a row that they put on the board are all plugs. And why who someone who has the knowledge to put together a web site need to asked a questions about how to use a simple link?

Fishingtime

Guest chrisgng22

Thanks for noticing that (fishing time)i couldnt agree more!pity the others didnt see through him,as for WW3 it was a reply to one person,but dont worry im game whats the odds 10-1,or 1 at a time lol [smiley=2guns.gif]

Guys... sorry, I don't wanted to drop into your discussion, but I am involved too in this theme, as I have also my nonprofit homepage wich I advertising not only here, but in many forums. First of all Ken's behaviour with me was not the best. We had a not too lucky dialogue...eee, monologue.

http://www.freelancerbar.com/cgi-bin/yabb/...;num=1056827817

It was an answer, after he recommended me his website.

Anyway, I have to tell you, that if somebody spending hours to find sites, making a website, it is became your child and your goal if you have many visitors, you feel the meaning of your work. That's why I'm sending tonns of letters to other webmasters to put my link and some time succesful, some time no answers at all.  OK, maybe the hidden advertising is not too nice, but personally I can understand that too. My work's fruit is, if you guys visiting my homepage and finding some useful ideas. I started to make my website, because hardly found the infos I needed and lost in advertisings, pop up windows and other hidden tricks. I think Ken want to be advantageous too. AND now the time of the advertising  [smiley=wink.gif] GOGOGO and visit my homepage  [smiley=poke2.gif] IF YOU WANT  [smiley=angel.gif]

Guys... sorry, I don't wanted to drop into your discussion, but I am involved too in this theme, as I have also my nonprofit homepage wich I advertising not only here, but in many forums. First of all Ken's behaviour with me was not the best. We had a not too lucky dialogue...eee, monologue.

http://www.freelancerbar.com/cgi-bin/yabb/...;num=1056827817

Gabor,

Drop right in no problem this is after all a open discussion board site. I can understand how after putting in all the work needed to build a web site that you would want to promote it. But you and the self promotion guy about are not in the same class. You're a senior member with 225 plus posts on the site. From reading your posts the main goal of your postings is informational.

Mr  kenandlatr on the other hand has 44 posts on 47 posts on the site and 20 of them plug his own site. The standard answer that he gives is go to my site for the information. People looking for information want to find it here not be routed to another site.

Read back over his last ten posts and the pattern is easy to see. But again if Pete let's this happen that is his choice.  But we can and are voicing our opinions.

Fishingtime

Like it's been said before, Pete is the one who calls the shots.  For something as trival as a website that appears in a post,  and if it indeed is a plug for his business , it is something that I can live with.  I don't know Ken, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he is just trying to be helpful.  If my hobby was LOS and I enjoyed playing around with the computer and built a website that contained LOS information and wanted to share with others,  I would probably just reference the site instead of spending time to type all that info into a post, but I have always prefered to do the job with the least amount of effort.  And yes I also noticed that almost all his post contained the website, but with over 3300 members and growing every month and all the guests that log on, if you were trying to inform others you would have to provide it regularly.  Even if it appears in a post that has 2000 views, if that post has 40 replies, as little as 50 members could have viewed his website.  Bottom line is Pete should be the only one to have any worries over this, how does anyone  of us know that Ken has not already discussed this with Pete and been given the approval.

Emil

I have to add a modest comment. My advertising here is an add to my visitors statistic, but a very few. My best sources,  as the eXTReMe statistic shows - you can check by clicking on the icon on my website and click on the referrer tracking 1 - is the Baronbonk  ( where i am just because the webmaster is a hungarian guy ) and the gayrice, wich is a gay page. All others are mostly hungarian sources. Anyway thank you of the 1726 US, 460 UK, 362 aussie, 186 dutch, 140 italian, 139 german, 116 sweden and the other 67 countries individuals to visit my homepage. ( klick on the statcenter icon )

winner,

Yes, I have looked at their website.  My point is that the board contains a section called Links - funnily enough, it is not a list of Scottish golf courses.  If I want to see other related websites then I go to the Links section; that is what it's for.  The forum is for exchanging individual views, news and information.  I still believe that the majority of kenandlats posts are no more than spam.  Only my (very humble) opinion, as was pointed out - it's Pete's site to run as he sees fit. 2guns

Regards,

Tom

Guest chrisgng22

Well ken never came back!seriously if any of you find it hard to find the online booking,tell me which part you dont understand ill try to help,Pat you dont like my icon?

1 word for you mate Bollox [smiley=AR15firing.gif]